Chapter 3: Found

Chapter Three

Athena's POV

In my dreams for the past several months, I have seen my dad in a cave with another man. At first, he was being drowned beause he refused to build the Jericho missle that the 'terrorists' wanted. I saw him working with another man that seemed nice. 

I know what you must be thinking, how can I see this? 

I can gurantee you, I have no idea. I have many 'abilities' that I can't even explain myself. It'a like I have these 'visions' and when my emotions run wild, I can control things. It just depends on my mood. I can make fire with my hands, I even shoot water, and sometimes when I'm outside, I can pick up rocks with out my hands even touching them. Ok, I do a lot of things with my hands and my head. 

I know that I am not really 'Tony Stark's or Susan Downey's" daughter, I was adopted, I have no idea where I'm from. My mom or dad never told me because they themselves didnt know either. I was just left in a basket outside their door with only a letter that contained my name. 

My dad says he has the letter somewhere, but he wont let me see it, until 'Im of age' that stupid excuse. I'm 19, when is my coming of age? 

Another strange 'thing' about me is that, I'm very smart or should I say 'wise' for my age. I can comprehend the most mature adult situations since I was 11. My winsdom teeth came out when I was 14, and usually, people get theirs around my age now. I'm just a strange kid aren't I?

It's almost going to be three months since my dad has been missing, and no one can find him anywhere. In these three months, I've had Pepper as my comfort. There would be days I would cry myself to sleep just thinking if my dad was ok. I couldn't afford to loose him, like I lost my mom when I was 5. 

She died in a car accident... 

My mom and dad where still engaed by that time, my moms name was Susan Downey and before the accident happened she and my dad where getting married in just two months, but the accident happened. My dad became a whole different person, and became the type of man that would have women every night, a different one every night. Since mom died until Pepper was hired, I was a lonely person. Pepper was hired when I was 9 and ever since then she was my company, and she still is now that my dad is gone--

"Nina!!" 

I stood up from my bed, "Yeah Pep?"

Nina was my nickname, Pepper, Rhodey, Obidiah, and my dad only called me that, but people always pronounce it wrong, its like (Knee-Nah) which rhymes with Athena, so thats why to everyone else, I'm Athena. 

"Your dad! He's been found!" 

I gasped and climbed out of my bed hugging Pepper while tears streamed down my face.

"Well let's go where is he?" I asked wiping my happy tears.

"He's going to arrive at Stark Industries shortly with Rhodey" 

"Come on Pep! No time to waste here!" I said getting changed.

Happy drove us to Stark Industries where I stayed inside the car and Pepper waited just outside. The shaft of the craft opened and I saw Rhodey helping my dad walk out. He reached Pepper and I heard their conversation. 

"Your eyes are red. A few tears for your long-lost boss?" My dad said approaching Pepper. 

"Tears of joy. I hate job hunting." Pepper replied.