Chapter 34: This Is It.

A/N: So for my absence here is a super duper long chapter, and get ready because I have a surprise for all of you at the end.

Chapter 34

"You know what Stark, you're growing on me..."

I grin makes its way to my lips. I had a perfect view of the night sky. Being away from populated cities really did make a difference, and laying next to Natasha admitting that all of this month working together as a team is finally paying off. Who knew I could conjure the Black Widow.

At first, the situation was awkward. She has so many personalities, that it was hard to distinguish who she really was. My senses couldn't predict her movements or sudden outbursts into action, but I went along, ignoring my frustration.

Frustration, why?

Because, I'm so used to predicting everyone's movements on my own. As a child, I knew my dad's drinking patterns, what Pepper was going to cook before she made it, and in general every beings personality and decisions before they were made. My senses have been maturing as I grow, and it's easier now for me to comprehend certain attributes about people, but when it came to Natasha Romanoff, at first it was a blur. Now, I'm sensing her patterns as one of the greatest spies in the world, as told by various agents.

In my opinion, the number one spy in the world.

In a months worth of going into various missions together, without an extraction plan or team, we had to learn to trust in each other. I, personally, trusted her fully since the beginning, and still do, despite my frustration at the beginning. I thought that she wouldn't leave me to take on duties by myself, but she did various times, and when I most needed her. Now looking at the crammed situations I've been, I realized that she, herself was teaching me her own ways. I've never been on a mission alone, well Steve was an exception, since I was his mentor, but real life fighting crime and criminals who wouldn't blink a second and tried to kill you, never. Natasha was teaching me to do things on my own, and if someday, I was alone fighting the enemy, I knew I could take the person down on my own, no matter how difficult the circumstance was. I appreciate her lessons, and though she didn't admit it, I know that she was was proud of how much I've grown in the last month.

And, as to why we've grown fond of each other, it's simple. We had each other's back when we least expected it. Strangers and first time me going with an agent who I'd known to be Natalie Rushman, my dad's assistant, who turned out to be the best spy in the world and assassin, is now my friend. And as weird and strange as it sounds, I believe I've became hers as well.

"Why do you say that?" The grin still lingering in my lips. I take a moment to cross my arms behind my head smoothly, as I finally accomplished my goal.

She snorts, "You're really asking? Really Stark?" And I laugh, and she joins. "You're sass, you truly are Tony Stark's daughter."

"I am though!" I show her my grin.

"What would your biological father say then?"

"Zeus? Who knows..." I sigh.

"We are in Greece, we've seen his temple and statues, and you didn't feel anything?"

I sigh once again, "How could I feel something towards someone I never met Nat?"

"Athe--Nina, I know that as unusual as it seems for me show that I care, but I do--"

"Trust me Nat that I've been known, otherwise I wouldn't tell you my personal things."

From the corner of my eye, I saw her raise her eyebrows in a surprised matter, "O--Okay then, you're the 'all so powerful goddess.'"