1

Frankie's Pov:

I sat on my bed playing with the ends of my blanket as I heard my parents argue in the room right behind my head. Tears burned my eyes as I held them back because of course, the source of their argument was me. It was always me.

"Frankie?" My 13 year old brother called as he knocked on my door. He slowly opened the door allowing the hallway light to fill my room. His twin stood at his side.

"Leave me alone Rian. You too Cat." I said coldly as I tried to stop my voice from cracking. I'm trying to ignore the questions running through my head. Questions like 'why does it have to be me?' 'What did I do wrong this time?' But the bigger question I was avoiding was asking myself 'will I survive?'

You see, Rian and Cat were the wanted children. 13 year old twins with perfect lives to my parents and the people around us. Rian started playing on the lacross team, he was talented music wise and had high grades and Cat was the exact same except she joined the softball team. They are the epitome of the term dynamic duo.

Then there's me. Little Frankie Dawson. The 6 year old that wasn't planned. The one my parents constantly argue over because I'm not like my siblings. I'm just me. My hair is naturally wavy so I took moms kitchen scissors and pixie cut it on my own and there's nothing perfect about me. And my parents scream about something different each passing day.

"Frankie, we need to talk about them." Cat spoke softly as they walked a little ways into my room.

"There's nothing to talk about! I'm not like you and never will be! Just leave me alone." I whispered the last part as I peaked towards my closet which held my packed bags. Will I actually follow through this time?

I may be 6, but maybe there's somewheres where I belong. It was apparent that the place I was supposed to call home isn't that place. Maybe I can find out who I am without the pressure of having to be like my siblings.

"Frankie come on. You're perfect the way you are. Who cares if your not like us." Rian said sadly.

I stayed quiet as I listened to my parents. It was only a matter of time before my point was proven correct. Then there it was.

"She'll never be like them. She was a mistake so why must we be stuck with her?" Dad's cold voice broke the silence and sent knives through my body.

I jumped up from my bed and stormed to the closet and pulled the duffle bag over my shoulder. I was finally be going through with a plan, that I chickened out on, on numerous occasions, thinking of the people I am compared to.

This was it.

"Where are you going?" Rian asked in shock. I pushed them both to the side and walked across the living room and out the front door.

"Frankie!" Cat said as she grabbed my arm. I hissed in pain as I ripped my arm out of her grasp.

"What? What could you possibly want with a mistake?" I asked suddenly as I turned and faced her with tears streaming down my face. Her face was filled with sadness and when I looked at Rian his face was filled with hurt and fear.

"Frankie they're w-"

"DON'T YOU DARE SAY THEY'RE WRONG! IM TIRED OF HEARING THE SAME SHIT ALL DAY EVERYDAY TO THE POINT WHERE I GET PHYSICALLY SICK! FACE THE FUCKING TRUTH! I'M NOTHING COMPARED TO YOU AND NEVER WILL BE. MISTAKES ARE MEANT TO BE ERASED, WELL GUESS WHAT! I'm being erased." I whispered the last part as Before I ran as fast as I could.

I had no sense of direction, I just ran and ran.

To the Dawson twins.

This is where I leave you behind.

XXXXXXX