"Is he gonna be alright?" I asked looking at Kenji's retreating figure. "He still hasn't moved on from the looks of it." Inojin and I turned to look at the person who said that and saw Boruto panting as beads of sweat came running down his forehead. "B-B-B-Boruto!" I stuttered. He reached out and grabbed my hand. "I finally... caught you.." he panted. "I'll leave you two love birds alone." Inojin said and took his leave. There was an awkward silence between us till I couldn't take it no more. "So.. what now?" I asked. Boruto grabbed my hand and dragged me along with him. "Where are we going?" I asked. "Library." He replied. I nagged at him for good five minutes straight till we reached the empty library.

"Can't that mouth shut up?" Boruto turned around as he pulled me towards him and planted his lips on mine. My eyes widen at his sudden actions but my lips found themselves kissing him back. After a few good minutes of kissing, we pulled back as we catched our breath. "Sarada." Boruto said trapping me on the bookshelf. "W-what?" I stuttered, unable to look him in the eye. "Look at me when I'm talking to you." He whispered. Our faces were only inches apart, I could feel his hot minty breath. "J-just talk. I c-could hear you." I said looking down at my feet. Boruto held my chin up forcing me to look at him. My dark orbs meets his electric blue ones. "I.." he trailed off making my heart beats faster. "Like your acting during the play." As soon as the words came out of his mouth, the color of my face drained, I felt like I'm starting to disappear like a sand being blown away by the wind.

"Thank you?" I said more like asked but I'm not sure either. Boruto had a stupid look on his face, I can't put my finger through it tho. He sat down on the floor while I did the same. "Boruto?" I decided to ask him about Kenji and that pink haired girl. "What?" He asked looking at me. "What's the connection between Kenji and that Pink haired girl?" I asked. It's now or never. Boruto looked at me with a shock expression but quickly recovered as he sighed and looked at the books piled in the shelves in front of us. "That girl's name is Shay Xenia, Kenji's ex fiancée." Boruto started. "Ex fiancée? What happened to them?" I asked. "Well Shay and Kenji used to be childhood sweethearts and their parents decided to arrange them to have their companies merged together but not later too soon when they entered middle school when Shay's parents got ambushed and got killed on the spot, the Yamaguchi company cut their ties with the Xenia's and forbade the two lovers to see each other again. While Kenji got arranged to someone else, Shay on the other hand is dividing her time in both work and studying since she's managing the company her parents left her. It's quite a hard task for someone as young as her but she managed and kept a good reputation." Boruto finished.

I never knew that they were childhood sweethearts, Kenji never talked to me about this. No wonder he rarely smiles. "Is Shay the same year as us?" I asked out of the blue. Boruto opened one of his eye and looked at me and closed them again. "Nah. Both Kenji and Shay are a year older than us." He said. "Oh." Was all I could say.

Kenji's POV

Of all the times I've been looking for her she was just around the corner. And of all the times, why now? I was too busy drowned on my thoughts when I dumped onto someone. "Sorry." My eyes widen as I recognized that voice. That voice who said the same word 3 years ago. That voice that brings back thousands of heartaches. "Shay.." I called her name. There we stood in front of each other, her lavender eyes meet my brown ones. Her pink lips slightly apart, her eyes held thousands of emotions that I couldn't tell but her face held a stoic expression. She turned her heel to walk out but I held her wirst. "Shay wait." I said.

She didn't turn to face me. "Shay." I called her name again hoping she'll turn around to face me but she didn't which disappointed me. "What?" She asked, her voice shaky. "I... how are you?" The words came out wrong. "I'm fine." She said sternly, her shoulders were shaking a bit. "Now can you please let me go?" She asked. I was about to let her go but my mind and heart wouldn't so instead of loosing my grip on her, I tighten it. "No." I said this time she turned around to look at me, her face held an angry expression. "Let me go Yamaguchi." Shay demanded. "No." I said. "Why not?" She asked, her brows knitted. "I love you." The words came out like vomit. Her eyes widen at my sudden confession but she quickly looked away. "You can't.." she whispered softly. "Why?" This time I asked her. "I'm engaged Kenji." She lied. I glared at her. "Liar." I said.

She looked at me angrily. "You don't know anything." She said. "Oh darling I know everything. The newspapers, magazines, interviews. You think I wouldn't know because I was departed by my dad but I know. Every single guy who would ask for your hand, you turned them down. Now tell me Shay, why?" I asked. Angry at my parents for cutting my ties with her, angry at myself because I can't overpower my parents, angry at those guys who kept asking for her hands and angry at the destiny that is bestowed upon us. "Even if I'm not engaged but you are.." her voice came out, barely a whisper. My grip on her wrist loosen and she took this opportunity to get away from me while I stood there frozen on my spot, staring at the girl I love ran away for the second time. "Fuck this.." I cursed under my breath.