"Shall I order breakfast up here?" He asked, and I nodded, still not awake enough to comprehend why Alec was asking me about breakfast instead of telling me. Had I worried him yesterday?

"Are you ok?" I asked, still rather dopey.

"Are you?" He asked. A question answered with a question, something was definitely up.

"I guess, as alright as I can be." I answered honestly, taking a deep breath at my response. Today wasn't going to be any easier than yesterday, especially if I saw my father.

"As am I." Hardy almost grunted, shuffling slightly. He still held onto me, but I felt him reach, grabbing the phone. "Breakfast?" I nodded in response, smiling slightly. Not talking about problems I guess was his way of helping. Ignoring them for a time so that although we knew we had to face them later, we could enjoy the moment. I really admired that about him.

"Yes, two traditional's please. Ok, thank you." He hung up the phone, and I laughed.
His raised eyebrow told me that I should answer as to the reason why.

"First dinner, now breakfast too. You're being spoilt." I felt him move over, his almost gaunt expression turning into a slight frown. "I was joking, Alec. You've done more than enough for me over the past months." I suddenly realised it's been two months since I had come to Broadchurch. Since I'd moved up and been taken in by Hardy.

"Well I couldn't exactly leave you in that pub." He said, leaning in and kissing my forehead before rolling over, standing up. He was only wearing his boxers, since I was wearing his shirt, and I could quite clearly see the scar from his surgery. I hadn't seen it often, but when I did, I was thankful that he had had that operation. I didn't know him then but I think I'd be dead if he hadn't.

"I would've been fine with Nige and Mark." I said, sitting up before I too got out of bed, walking towards the tall DI.

"I can't even think of a response to that." He turned around as I approached him, my eyes wandering down to his chest. His scar, a small bump where his pacemaker was fitted.

"You don't need one. We're here." I said, closing the gap between us. Neither one of us was soppy, but there was a certain level between us this morning that I couldn't put my hand on. "I-" before I could continue there was a knock at the door, room service. "I'll get it." I said, but before I could he held his hand out and quickly wrapped the complimentary dressing gown around himself, accepting the tray of food.

"Thanks." Hardy bluntly said, hardly any emotion in there whatsoever.

Breakfast was enjoyed, albeit a little too much by me, who acted like I had never had food before.
"Someone was hungry." Alec said, looking down and my almost clean looking plate.
"Yeah. Yesterday took a lot out of me." I said, glancing out the window. The curtains hid us from view but outside people were carrying about their daily lives, commuting to work and business meetings via the hotel we were at. "What time have we got to be there?" I asked, and Hardy checked his watch.
"We should start getting ready. Miller said she'd meet you there with a change of clothes, right?" I nodded, taking Hardy's shirt off.
"Jesus, Alice." Hardy turned around to me doing so and immediately averted his gaze.
"It's nothing you haven't seen before, I have no shame in my body." I said, trying to make him flustered.
"That's not what I- er—" mission accomplished.
"Mhm." I smirked, chucking the shirt over to him and turning away, reaching for my bra. "It's ok. I-" before I could finish my sentence I felt his body heat near my back, suddenly pushing lightly onto me. He guided me into the wall, placing soft kisses on my neck. It was enjoyable to say the least, until I felt him push his weight on me a bit more.

Suddenly I felt trapped.
"No..." I mumbled, feeling Alec groan in response. But in my mind it wasn't him, it was Alan. "Alan stop!" I said, cowering against the wall as I slid down it, feeling Hardy back away. "Fuck..." I let the breath that I had been holding out,feeling a jacket get put carefully over my shoulders. "I'm sorry." I said, looking at my legs as I saw him sit on the bed out of the corner of my eye.

"Don't be." He finally responded, as he ran his hands down his face. I closed my eyes for a second before standing up, using the jacket to cover what I could. Like a gentleman, Hardy turned away. "I'll leave you to it." He said, walking to the door. I went to stop him but I couldn't, no air in my lungs escaping to protest his leaving.

"For fucks sake." I said when the door closed, pushing his jacket onto his bed. I went to have a quick wash, trying to drain the nerves off of me before getting dressed, making sure I had everything before making my way downstairs.

"Alec." I said, alerting him that I was behind his chair.

"Are you ready?" He said, his Scottish accent broader than usual. He was upset.

"Yeah." I nodded, sheepishly handing him his coat before we started the walk to the court room, in silence.