6

"Oh my god and then he even had the nerve to write a complaint!"

I was drunk.

"Right. We're going, now." Hardy had well and truly had enough of me, even through my drinking goggles I could tell.

"Alright, grumpy pants." I pouted, feeling him help me up and pull my arm gently outside. "Don't touch me." I snapped, pulling away from him and flinching when he reached towards me again. "You don't do that. No one does that." I don't know why I was being so defensive. "Especially not him." I commented, wobbling slightly.

"Oh for gods sake." He grumbled, lifting an arm over his shoulder as he gently grabbed my waist.

"You know what, sir." I giggled at the word. "Sir, why sir? It's like some kinky BDSM thing." I laughed, deepening my voice. "Hello, sir." I laughed, feeling Alec stop.

"It's respectful." He retorted, ignoring my replies and fumbling around to try and get his keys out.

"Oh come on." Suddenly I reached into his pocket, feeling a lot more of his thigh than I meant to as I yanked out the keys. "Ha! I'm so sorry." I tried to hold back my laughter, but I couldn't. "First night on the job and I'm already drunk. Wow." Truthfully, I hardly ever drank. "I had to start drinking to forget about what he did." I blurted out, suddenly realising we were inside.

"Guest room is to the right." He said, letting my lean against the staircase. I was thankful that he seemed to ignore my sudden outbursts.
"I'm grabbing you some water." It felt like he was way too calm about this, but at the same time I didn't really know him, did I?

"For all I know you could be a serial killer." I slurred, trying to make my way up the stairs.
"Mission complete." I said, walking down the hallway to an open door, where I saw a small double bed. "Oh my god a bed." I didn't even know what was going through my mind, but all I wanted to do was sleep.

"Walker?" I heard Hardy's voice faintly.
"For Christ's sake. No, come on, in the guest room." I hadn't even realised which bed I was on, but I didn't care.

"No. I want this one." I groaned, almost child like as I felt him take my shoes off, followed by attempting my coat. Flashes of Alan doing the same raced through my mind, making me panic.

"Get off me!" I suddenly screamed, tucking my knees into my chest and sitting up. I saw Hardy before everything went into a blur. I was too drunk to see straight.

"It's ok." Alec tried to comfort me, sitting on the edge of the bed.

"I just want to sleep." I said, trying to forget what just happened. Chucking my top off and starting to strip down, forgetting Alec was in the room. "Can I have a shirt, please." I asked, unbuttoning mine. I needed something to sleep in. Looking up I saw him awkwardly looking away, standing up and walking to the entrance of the room.

"Err, yes. Let me grab one." Seeing the water on the bedside table, I began to drink, taking regular sips to try and sober me up slightly.
"Here." Hardy had grabbed me a plain grey t-shirt.

"You do own more than just suits." I chuckled, quickly slipping it on. "I'm sorry about tonight." I slurred, sipping my water as I looked at him.

"Why didn't you tell the police." He sighed.

"I didn't realise how much he affected me." I replied, "I thought I could deal with him. End it on my own terms, but then in a moment of clarity I realised I needed to get out. I came here to escape." I looked down, seeing Alec turn towards me slightly.

"I came here to escape too. To repent my sins. Annoyingly, I came to tolerate it." I couldn't help but chuckle, wondering why. He meant he liked it here, and he hated that he did.

"Repent what?" I asked.

"An old case. Luckily Miller and I managed to reopen and solve it last year." I smiled.

"You and Ellie make a good team." I commented, seeing him nod.

A long moment of silence between us made the air quite thick, my drunk mind whirring ideas through my head. Then I had an idea.

"You wanna, ahem?" I said, coughing as I said the last word. "I mean, we've already slept together..."

"You're drunk, and it would be a conflict of interest." Hardy said, standing up. His stoic expression didn't even change.

"Come on, Sir." I teased, making him harden his features. But out of the corner of my eye, I saw his fists clench.

"...Fine." I fell onto my back, facing the ceiling as I saw him go to leave. "At least... stay here." I looked at him, yawning. "I don't want to be on my own." He stood there for a moment before sighing, leaving the room with the door open.

"You could have at least shut the door." I slurred, rolling over to face the wall and went to turn the bedside light off when I heard the bedroom door shut, and a wobble on the opposite side of the bed. "I'm sorry." I apologised, turning off my side of the rooms light. Shortly after Hardy turned his off too, and I felt him turn over.
The bed was big enough to have a little space between us, but I could just about tell he had his back facing me.
Subtly I turned over, making my way towards his back before feeling an arm.

"What are you doing." I heard his voice right by my forehead, so much for knowing.

"I was going to sleep." I said, hoping that he would let it go.

"Good." He turned over, the bed shuffling itself. I decided to stay still, struggling to keep awake as I gave up waiting, pushing myself into his back and rested my forehead against his upper back, making a soft noise as I began to drift off, still dizzy as I closed my eyes completely.

"Goodnight..." I mumbled, drunkenly slurring the words together as I began to fade away from Hardy, into a world of my own.