Gianna rested the last item of food on the table then took her seat. Everyone started complimenting Gianna on her well made dinner. It wasn't an everyday thing since everyone knew she was an amazing cook. Today she placed extra effort into it since Elijah was coming over. When Scott called and told her Elijah would be having dinner with them. She rushed out and bought more than necessary.

"I deserve some compliment too" Scott pouted, he helped out too so he deserved some praises too.

"A mother's cooking is always the best. I deserve all the compliments I'm getting" Gianna replied, fanning Scott's words out the window.
"I like what you've done with the mash potatoes" Elijah whispered, giving Scott the compliment he deserved. At least someone acknowledge his cooking skills.  

"I'm sure you understand Elijah" Gianna continued, smiling brightly as she did. "There's nothing that could top your mother's cooking"

"Actually there isn't" Elijah said with a laugh. "My mother wasn't the best cook but because it was made by her it was delicious. She was a better baker than cook" Scott had to nod to that. Elijah could bake one hell of a pie and Scott was sure his mother might just be able to top it off.

"I haven't ate her cooking in awhile so I have to say for now yours is the best" Gianna slapped her cheeks, not caring how her fork might just stick her in the eye.

"Elijah, you sweet boy" Gianna cooed, her smile widening each passing moment. "That pie of yours is very delicious. You must take after your mother"

Elijah smiled, "I got the recipe from her"

"Maybe I could get it" Gianna joked, running off into the kitchen and back with a pie that Elijah baked.

"It's not time for dessert yet" Scott reminded her as he watched his mother slip a small piece of pie in her mouth.

"Who says we can't have dessert early tonight"

The only reason they had a full baked pie was because Elijah had baked more than necessary. During his week of pain and sadness, he turned towards the one thing that would make him feel better. So he baked a number of apple pies during that week. Eating it every time he felt too overthrown. Scott had entered his kitchen after they had a long talk. Joking around about Elijah getting a visit from the God of apple pie. Turns out he had a few left and why not bring over for dinner with the Finnegans. Gianna who was beyond obsessed with it.

"You don't talk about your family a lot" David said, munching on his food like it was nothing. Scott noticed it, vaguely recalling Mikey saying something about Elijah's dad.

"My parents are divorced" Elijah replied, his head hung low as he scattered the beans on his plate. "My mom is out traveling the world as for my dad I don't know"

"We're sorry to hear that sweety" Gianna said, stepping on David's foot under the table for making Elijah say that.

"It's fine" Elijah assured her. It really was. He knew his mother was doing well. Elijah still had her, he had Scott and many more amazing and supportive people around him. 

"Look at what a mess you made" Maddie said in a childish tone. Wiping the mess from Simon's face that he made with the apple pie. Truthfully she was trying to get rid of the awkwardness that was rising.

"When are you going to tell them" Scott whispered, leaning close enough to Maddie, pretending that he was outreaching to little Simon. Maddie raised a brow wondering what her older brother was getting at, "When are you going to tell them about Mikey?"

"I don't know" she replied, whispering just as Scott was.

"You have to tell them soon enough"