"Where's the boy, Ma?"  Daddy asked, "I want to see him right now."

"You'll have a chance to see him."  Grandma answered, "But I need to know something."

"Okay...." Daddy said, irritation oozing from his voice. "What is it?"

There was a long pause before she asked, "Did you kill Jordan?"

My eyes widened and the sick feeling returned to my stomach. I couldn't believe that she just came right out and asked him!

He was going to kill me for sure!

My knees wobbled underneath me as I waited for his response, and I had to bite my bottom lip to keep from puking again.

"Jesus, Ma!" Daddy growled, "What the hell would make you ask me that!?"

"Answer the question, son. Did you kill her?"

"Fuck no! Did the boy tell you I did!?"

"No." She lied, her voice still calm. "Vincent didn't have to say a word for me to know that you killed her."

"You're out of your fucking mind!" He snarled, making me jump. "Jordan was my partner and one of my best friends. How could you think I killed her!?"

Grandma softly cleared her throat.  "You had better stop getting angry and tell me the truth."

"Damn it, Ma-"

"I want to help you."  She interrupted, "But I can't do that if you won't be honest with me."

"I am telling you the truth!!"  He roared, and there was a loud crash.  It sounded like glass being thrown against the wall.  "You have no right to keep my son from me!  Tell me where he is or I swear to God-"

Before he could finish, the sound of skin contacting skin echoed through the wall and Grandma started screaming at him.  " You will not raise your voice at me, Victor Graves!"

There was another long pause.  I stepped closer to the living room and peered inside, holding my breath when I saw Daddy standing there with a red hand print on his cheek. 

His eyes fell on me.

"You little bastard!"  He growled, stomping towards me with his fists balled up.  "I told you to keep your fucking mouth shut!"

Fear swept over me and I began running down the hallway on trembling legs.  "I'm sorry!"  I screamed, "I didn't mean to tell!"

He caught up to me in seconds and shoved me to the floor, climbing on top of me and pinning my wrists down.  "You're gonna get it good this time, boy!"  He said, raising his fist in the air.

I closed my eyes and braced myself for the beating of a lifetime, until Grandma stepped behind him with a gun in her hand.  "Get off of him."  She said, pointing it at his head with a glare on her face. 

Daddy shook his head with a chuckle.  "What are you gonna do, Ma?  Shoot me for punishing my own son?"

"Don't fuck with me, Victor."  She threatened, shoving the gun harder into the back of his skull.  "I said get off of him."

Daddy released me and stood up, holding his hands on front of him.  "Fine, Ma, you win.  Go ahead and call the police.  Tell them that I was the one who killed her.  I don't give a shit."

Grandma pulled me closer to her and wrapped her arm around my shoulders, still keeping the pistol pointed at him.  "God will see to it that you're punished for what you did, so I won't call the police if you do exactly what I tell you."

"Oh, really?"  Daddy scoffed, folding his arms in front of his chest.  "What do I have to do?"

"Allow Vincent move in with me."  She said, tightening her hold on me.  "Bring all of his belongings this evening and leave them here."

"Are you serious?"  He asked, rolling his eyes.

"I'm very serious."  She answered, "If you come anywhere near him I'll call the police so fast your head will spin.  Do I make myself clear?"

"Crystal clear. Hell, you're doing me a favor. I never did like the little pussy anyway."

Tears filled my eyes and he laughed, shaking his head again as he walked towards the door. "Have fun living with your Grandma, boy, and don't call me when you need anything. I'll be too busy raising a child that's worth a hell of a lot more than you."

And with that, he left.

Grandma waited until she heard him driving away before pulling me in for a tight embrace. "You're going to be just fine here, sweetheart.  I'll give you a good life. I promise."