• 2 • Unwanted Intruder

I grabbed the last thing in my suitcase - a white summer dress - and hung it up in my room's closet. My room was just as nice as the sitting room. I had a huge, king-sized bed, a medium sized flatscreen TV and a mini fridge in the corner. I also had my own bathroom, which was connected by a small door. It was perfect.

Once I was done, I threw my suitcase in the corner and went back into the closet. I was still wearing my travel outfit and it was way too hot here for that. I pulled out an outfit that was a little bit more appropriate and slipped into it, before making sure I looked okay in the bathroom mirror.

I didn't look too bad. It wasn't something I would usually wear, but I was on vacation and what could go wrong? The outfit consisted of a black summer dress and some converse. I had shoes that would match the outfit better, but damn converse were so comfy. I definitely wasn't as warm anymore and that was a good sign.

I left my room and quietly shut the door behind me, not being an overly loud person. I started walking down the small hall that connected the two bedrooms and stopped when I heard adorable giggles coming from the other room. I looked to my left, noting that I was stood next to Alison's very open bedroom door.

On the bed, Alison was giggling as she spoke to the cutest little girl I had ever seen in my life. She had long, blonde hair and light blue eyes, much like her mom, but the rest of her features were completely different. Either way, she was still beautiful.

"Aunt Hanna is reallyyyy funny, but she may eat you." Alison joked to the smaller girl, earning another giggle. I smiled softly at the sight. I always knew Ali would be a good mom.

"And that's it." Alison finished, her hands delicately playing with the child's hair. Alison was laying across the width of the bed, her back facing me. Dani was laying on her back and staring at the ceiling. I was surprised she hadn't noticed me, yet. I didn't want to eavesdrop, but I also didn't want to ruin their moment and it was too cute to miss.

"What about the other one?" I heard Dani's high-pitched voice say, it being the first time I'd ever heard her speak before.

"Which other one?" Alison asked, her voice soft and gentle. It made my heart literally swell. I know Alison had done bad things, but damn she was cute. Her having a child and being so good to her actually made her ten times cuter in my head.

"The pretty one." Dani replied, slowly moving closer to her mother. Alison's hand stopped running through her hair for a second, but restarted soon after. "She was in our house a minute ago. She got brown hair."

"Ohhhhh. You mean Emily?" Alison giggled, shifting so that she was resting her elbow on the bed and resting her head on her hand. I watched Dani shrug. Me? I smiled a little - Dani found me pretty.

"Well, yeah, she's very pretty, but you know what's better?" Alison asked in a sweet voice. I was interested to hear this myself.

"Her perso-p-personality?" Dani finally managed to get out. I felt weak at how incredibly adorable she really was.

"Yes, baby. Well done." Alison congratulated, ruffling her daughter's hair a little bit more. Dani groaned and tried to fix it, whilst I watched in amusement. "Emily is very very nice and if you ever need anything and you can't find me, you go straight to her, okay?"

"Okay, mommy." Dani mumbled, as I saw a small hand place itself on Alison's waist. For some reason, Alison's compliment actually made me feel so happy. I was glad to know that she knew she could trust me. She could always count on me and I wanted her to know that. No matter what happened between us, I'd always be there for her.

With that thought, I left and went into the kitchen. I shouldn't have eavesdropped, but I strangely didn't regret it at all. At least I found out a few things. I rummaged through the refrigerator and made a mental note to go to the store later. I was still kind of nervous when it came to sharing a room with Alison, but after seeing the sweet side of her once again, it was hard not to just instantly like her. She always had that effect on me and no matter how annoying it was, I knew it was never going to go away.

I found a bottle of water and decided that would have to do. Besides, we were going to be having dinner soon, anyway. As if on cue, I heard a knock on the door. "Coming." I yelled, running across the polished wooden floor towards the main door.

"Hey." Aria greeted, walking straight past me and into the sitting room. She fell backwards onto the sofa and smiled at me.

"Yeah, sure. Come in - thanks for asking." I said, sarcastically. She just rolled her eyes and playfully shook her head.

"Em?" I heard Alison call, just as her head peeped around the corner. She spotted me and smiled. "Oh, sorry. I thought I heard you leave." She explained.

"Oh, no. An unwanted intruder just decided to arrive and makes them self at home instead." I joked, pointing over to Aria, who had spread out across the sofa. She just raised a finger at me, making me roll my eyes. Alison giggled and my eyes shot in her direction. That was a good sound.

"Oh, yeah, I forgot why I came here for a sec." Aria laughed, climbing up from the sofa and groaning like an old man. "We're going for dinner in around fifteen minutes, so make sure you guys are ready." She told us, before jogging out of the room. I giggled and closed the door behind her. When I turned around, Alison was gone, so I assumed she was getting ready.