s i x

lmao what's up lads it's been a while but don't you worry

i'm here i'm queer i'm sad so prepare yourselves for another spicy chapter (why yes i do hate the word spicy and no i'm not changing it)

—————

" if you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the results of a hundred battles. "

—————

jody grinned to herself as she pulled ryan along the street, her excited gaze meeting his confused one. she tightened her grip on his wrist and entered a building she had grown to love. yes, ryan was definitely in for a treat.

it was early afternoon on a monday so the gym was much quieter than normal, thankfully. jody wasn't quite sure how she would explain any accidental power usage to passers by.

she released her grip on him after they reached the boxing ring and twirled around to meet ryan's eyes, her own gleaming with excitement and mischief.

"well, we've got two hours before mike wants us back and, let's be honest, you're not going to learn everything about fighting in that time frame," ryan frowned in confusion as he began to unravel what jody was saying, "i can just set up a practice ring in the garden too. here, put these on." she explained briefly as she handed ryan a pair of boxing gloves, not noticing the curiosity ebbing it's way onto her partner's face.

"now," she commanded, "one at at time, i'm going to hold these up," the girl gestured to the mits she was strapping to her hands, "and all you have to do is punch them. got it?"

ryan glanced down at his gloved hands and shrugged, meeting her gaze after a second, "i mean, it's hardly rocket science."

jody glared at him before moving on. she held up her covered left hand and waved it slightly, "when you're ready then."

—————

the next hour or so was filled with plenty of technique fixing and snippy comments with no malice behind them. after one more hefty punch, ryan pulled off his gloves and wiped the sweat off of his brow.

he rested his hands on his knees, breathing heavier than normal, "yeah, i'm done for now." he panted out.

jody shrugged and patted his shoulder, pulling a face when she felt his clammy skin underneath her palm, "you did a good job for your first time. just make sure you watch your stance, you have a habit of leaving yourself too open and vulnerable."

ryan stood back to his full height, stretching lightly, "got it." he waved off, "is that it, then? can we be done forever?" he asked, grimacing as a few more droplets of sweat fell from his forehead.

jody laughed at his expression, "no. you've got a hard punch, and you're quick on your feet, yeah, but you haven't actually fought anyone yet. i've corrected a few things with your technique but this is the first time we've done this - i've probably missed a load of little things."

ryan sighed when he realised she was right. becoming a superhero was a lot more work than the boy anticipated; he was definitely hoping it would be like the movies and he could just get on with it. apparently not.