chapter 7

I pulled away breathless and looked into alexs bright blue eyes which danced with joy and amusement. I felt a smile creeping onto my lips as i stared into his eyes.

"My mother told you to kiss me huh?" I smile at him as i try and regain my composure which i know is impossible because his hand has slid onto my waist whilst his other hand is resting on my neck gently which i am awfully aware of and it is starting to make breathing rather hard.

"Oh she didn't tell me to kiss you. I am pretty sure she was checking me out when she walked in though? no, she told me to go after everything i want in life and work isn't everything. Like i said, she is a wise woman." He smirks at me and i smile back. Today is going to be a good day. I can tell. The elevator doors ping open and we jump apart quickly then proceed to walk out of the elevator whilst sneaking glances at each other discreetly as we make our way down to the garage where we climb into alex's slek new audi r8. I swear, all of the cars in this garage belong to this man! We drive in a comfortable silence for about 10 minutes when we reach a coffee shop and Alex pulls in outside of it.

"Umm, this isn't work?" I look at alex confused. he has brought me to a coffee shop about 3 blocks away from the office building.

"No it is not work." He smirks at me while climbing round the car and opening my door, offering me his hand to help me get out of his car.

"And why is this not work? We should be at work Alex. It wouldn't look very good for the boss and his personal assistant to walk into work together, late." I throw his line from a while ago back at him and look at him with a look that yells 'we need to be at work now!'

"because i need coffee and so do you because you are half asleep so we are getting coffee and breakfast because your mother and sister ambushed your apartment today and we didn't get a chance to eat this morning because of your family and Layla so"He gently tugs on my hand to pull me in to the coffee shop"We are getting coffee and food okay?"He gives me a look that tells me not to argue with him so i don't.

"Okay." I look down and tuck a piece of my red hair behind my ear and let him continue pulling me into the coffee shop, reveling in the feel of his warm hand in mine. he opens the door for me and i walk in, immediately being hit with the strong smell of coffee coming from inside and my stomach growls in response. we walk up to the counter and Alex rests his hand on the small of my back, rubbing small circles with his thumb and i lean into it slightly. 

"A mocha with a caramel shot and a double espresso, and 2 stacks of pancakes, one with bacon and maple syrup and one with just maple syrup please"

"Of course sir, that will be $20 then please" the blonde barista flashes a smile and takes Alex's card to pay for our food and drinks.

"Thanks" I turn my head and smile at Alex who is gazing at me. I smile at him and then go and sit down at a table towards the back of the cafe and watch Alex walk over with a tray with our drinks on. I move my bag off of the table so that he can put them down on the table and push myself backwards on the leather seat that stretches across the back of the room. Alex slides into the chair opposite me and hands me my mocha just as our pancakes arrive.

"A stack of pancakes with bacon?" The waitress asks politely.

"That will be mine thanks"I smile and take my pancakes out of her hand and place them infront of me whilst Alex eyes his pancakes that the waitress has just placed in front of him. Alex being completely oblivious to her sticking her boobs out and sucking her stomach in to try and impress him, when she gets no reaction from him she walks off with a sulky expression on her face and i can't help but smirk at the fact that alex is so oblivious to the fact that every girl that meets him is always trying to impress him and failing dramatically.