chapter 2

The next week

~

 The elevator doors were just shutting as Alex walked into the elevator beside me, as per our newfound tradition.

"Hey Alex"

"Hey, Laura. How was your night?" Alex asks with a smirk

"Great. how was yours?" I ask with a smile. I have gotten to know Alex very well over the last week and we both know how well each others night went because we spent it drinking in my apartment in front of a crappy film on Netflix which has become a nightly tradition and he usually doesn't go home. Although last night was different, this morning I woke up and we were curled together in my bed, fully clothed and he had his arm around my waist which I think I enjoyed way too much. he gave me tingles and I was falling for him, hard. And to be honest it scared me. but I liked the feeling. I liked him.

The ride down in the elevator was silent except for our breathing, which was fast to match the pace of my heart drumming in my ears. this is what he did to me and my god did I enjoy it. The silence was interrupted by the ping of the elevator to tell us we were in the lobby, we stepped out the only sounds being Alex's shoes on the tiled floor and the click of my heels as we headed to the garage to his car.

Yes, I know it is weird that he drives me to work but I work with him because it turns out he owns the company I work for so it is convenient for him to drive us both plus I do not like the public transport system in new york.

We take the stairs to the garage because the elevator does not go down that far. As we are walking down the stairs however my stiletto slips and I almost go face first down the stairs were it not for Alex's arm snaking around my waist at the last minute to pull me up face to face with him, my breath catches as I stare into his icy blue eyes, I can feel his breath fanning over my lips at his close proximity and my heart skips a beat as he smirks at me. just as I think he is going to kiss me he pulls away and lets go of my hand.

"we should get to work. it wouldn't seem very good for the boss and his personal assistant to be late now would it?" Alex smirks and continues down the stairs.

"umm, no no it wouldn't" i respond slightly breathlessly as i follow him to his car.

We get into his car and i place my folders on the backseat with Alex's briefcase. I strap myself in and retrieve my lipstick from my hanbag to apply it. Today i decide to go with a nice matte nude lipstick from the kylie lip kit collection.  Alex pulls out of the garage with a roar of the engine and a squeal of the tires. I push the radio on and little mix comes blaring through the speakers and the bass thrums through the entire car into my veins.  I tap my foot to the beat and before I know it, we have pulled into the staff car park.

I grab my handbag and my folders and step out to follow Alex inside when my phone rings.i place my folders on my hips and grab my iphone out of my bag.  i slide answer on the screen without checking the caller id.

"hello" i answer chirpily.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hmmm. who could it be on the phone? Take some guesses. ;p i will try and update as soon as possible but i am very busy lately. hope you guys are all okay.