Konoha High 4

Starting to go in depth with the characters' arcs now! 

.

Kakashi I

Saturday morning had arrived and with it came many unanswered questions for Hatake Kakashi.

After Sachihiro caught him and Rieka entangled in a moment he would like to forget; the two headed off to class (2nd Period) where they were welcomed by a worried Obito in the midst of screwing up a lab experiment.

The Uchiha had dropped the goggles he was half-way through strapping on fast, sprinting over and tackling his oldest friend to the ground. Kakashi hadn't been gone more than two hours, but Obito had always been clingy and hated the idea of being separated from his best friend, especially when Kakashi's mind was always elsewhere lately.

After that, the silver-haired teen powered through the rest of the day on auto-pilot. He bid Rieka a farewell after an awkward two classes and breaks with her, before quickly hailing down the nearest bus and jumping aboard. The ride home had been silent as he was left to dwell on his thoughts.

What happened now? Both of them had been emotionally unstable before they decided to get a little too heated behind the school, where did that leave them now? Were they dated? Just friends? Friends at all?

Kakashi's brain was beginning to hurt and he wouldn't be surprised if smoke was seeping out of his ears.

'This isn't what I need right now,' he sighed, grey eyes falling closed. 

Suddenly, he thought back to the small smile she had given him, neglecting the thought of how it didn't reach her eyes and focused on the way her cheeks lifted as she did. 

'Fuck,' he grunted, eyes lifting open. 'I do need her, though.' 

Not even in a romantic sense, let alone sexual. Even if he had blown his chances with the brunette; being in her presence was enough for him. Her companionship kept him sane. If remaining platonic with her was what kept her by his side, then he would swallow his feelings, just to see her smile once more.

'Can I, though?' He remembered the way her lips felt on his and groaned, burying his head in his hands. 'Fuck, fuck, fuck!' 

His fingers ripped at the root of his hair, causing a dull throb that went unnoticed. 'I can't... I can't just let things go back to the way they were, I don't want them to.' He noticed the eyes on him and dropped his hands, sighing. 'I have to sort this shit out, don't I?'

He knew the answer to his own question, so when the bus approached his usual stop; he didn't get off. Instead, he pulled out his outdated phone, watched the cracked glass screen light up; displaying the daunting 'no new notifications', before he opened his messages and began to type away.

I need to talk to you

He frowned slightly, disliking the phrasing.

Can we meet up?

He sent a second message and moved to type a third when he noticed the green bubble signalling Rieka's soon response.

When and where?

He could imagine the blank expression on her face as she typed, void of any real emotion even when her texts were filled with exclamations.

I'm about to get off at Leeds you know it?

Kakashi began moving towards the front door of the bus, pressing the nearest button to signal the driver to stop at the upcoming bus stop.