Seventeen

(jessie is played by nina dobrev if u were wondering)

Getting ready to go out with Jessie Flowers was something that I don't think I could ever get used to, just because of the pure amount of alcohol she consumes while getting ready.

It was amazing. Before hair, shot, after hair, shot, before makeup, after makeup, getting dressed, changing—it was mental.

But that being said, I never had a bad time out with her, and our train ride down to London was definitely something special.

"Oi!" Jessie shouts at a man with a violin. "Play us a tune." She shouts, earning a small smile from the man and some annoyed looks from others as he starts to play a scratchy tune that Jessie forces me to dance to with her in the aisle of seats.

The plan when we get to London is to first to go Ada's, get settled and change if need be, and then, meet Alfie at some pub near his "bakery" and introduce the two of them and then I go back to Ada's, where hopefully by then Michael is waiting for me as Alfie and Jessie go to The Cotton Club and fall madly in love, or whatever.

"Hi, Ada!" I shout as she swings the door open. 

"Hi Flo!" She hugs me. "Jessie fucking Flowers!" Ada shouts at her, and they hug tightly for a moment. "How've you been? Flower shop still doing well?"

"Yeah, thank God. I think it's all the injuries of the Peaky men that keep me in business half the time. I get all the same women buying flowers for their husbands hospital bedsides when they get hurt." She explains with a laugh.

"And are you excited to be going out with Mr. Alfie Solomons?" Ada asks, just to amuse Jessie. I know she typically doesn't gossip.

"Very." She flushes. "You got any booze?"

-

Around an hour later, Jessie and I hop into a cab and take it to the pub that Alfie instructed us to go to, quickly getting in and taking a seat with a large bottle of champagne, courtesy of Alfie, who wasn't even here yet. He just had a bottle ready for us to be ordered, and told the bartender what I looked like to the point that when I went up to the bar to put my order in, I was escorted to a table with a bottle of champagne. Very fancy, and definitely wooed Jessie.

"Oh my God." Jessie whispers as I pop the cork on the bottle.

"Welcome to the gangster life, Jessie." I say and she squeals, gripping my arm.

"I'm in love and I haven't even met him yet." She gushes and I look at the door as it opens, revealing Alfie.

"He's here." I say and she lets go of me, turning to see him.

"Oh my fucking God." She says and turns back to me. "He's hot."

"That he is." I say and stand as he approaches us. "Alf." I hug him and he picks me up off the ground, hugging me tightly.