i.

"your version of life or death is having no more food in the cafeteria

"your version of life or death is having no more food in the cafeteria."

Lance McClain sat in the lunch room at Midtown Tech high school, beside him his best friends, Hunk Garrett and Pidge Holt. Although he wasn't even slightly paying attention to what the topic of conversation was, he nodded his head at the right times and smiled. The hyper active teenager's eyes were stuck on one person only, the same boy he has had a crush on since he was old enough to like anyone, Keith Kogane.

After Liz's departure from Midtown, thanks to Lance, his feelings for Keith slowly started to come back in time. "Lance!" Hunk almost yelled into the daydreaming teen's ear, causing Lance to jump and face his friend. Lance hummed in response, turning his attention back to his frantic friend. "You're not listening? This is important! Like life or death!" Hunk started one of his famous melt downs.

"Hunk, your version of life or death is having no more food in the cafeteria, cool it." Lance snapped back at his friend. Hunk huffed in response, knowing it wasn't a total lie. He had a tendency to over exaggerate things, a lot of things and everyone knew it.

"I told you not to bother him while he's doing his daily gazes at Keith." Pidge spoke to Hunk, her eyes not leaving the book she was reading. Hunk let out a sigh as Lance's eyes went back over to Keith, a smile forming on his face as he watched the black haired boy lean his head back and let out a loud laugh.

"I love his laugh." Lance swooned over his crush, causing Hunk and Pidge to both roll their eyes. He said the same thing everyday, with a different part of him that he loved. "It's the best." Lance laughed, holding his face in his hands while his elbows rested on the table.

"You said that yesterday about his eyes." Pidge commented on her friends swooning. "And the day before that about his hair." She added. Lance frowned, shooting daggers at Pidge, not that she noticed, her eyes were focused on her book. "What's tomorrow? His nose?" She questioned, causing Hunk to let out a laugh.

"I still can't believe you moved on from Liz so fast, you were obsessed with her since freshman year." Hunk commented, causing Lance to break from his trance from Keith. Lance sent a look at Hunk, reminding him about what had happened last year.

"We both know that wasn't going to work out." Lance whispered harshly at Hunk, forcing a spoonful of gross looking mashed potatoes into his mouth. "I put her dad in jail, literally." He added on, scrunching up his nose in disgust from the food he had just ate.

"Whatever, I need to print my Spanish essay," Hunk spoke, standing up from the table, followed by Lance. "You coming Pidge?" He asked the girl, her nose not leaving the book she was reading. The girl's response was just the wave of her hand, telling them to go along without her, she'd eventually catch up.

The two males shrugged and started their small walk to the school library, "So when are you going to ask Kieth out?" Hunk spoke up, striking a conversation between the two. Lance felt a warm heat reach his cheeks, a small shy laugh following.

Trying to find the words to say, he was saved by the bell ringing. "Would you look at that, I have to get to class, bye!" Lance rushed out, whipping his body around and speed walking down the halls of his school. 

While almost running down the halls of his school, Lance kept his focus on the ground, the blush on his cheeks still bright and red. It wasn't until he felt a slight pain in his shoulder and a push that made him come to a halt, he groaned in annoyance from bumping into a person.

"Sorry." An all but familiar voice spoke, Lance's eyes widened as he recognized the voice of Keith Kogane. His head shot up, a bit too fast as he felt a slight bit of pain after. An even more huge blush showing on his face.

"It's all me, don't worry." Lance laughed, scratching the back of his head nervously. "I didn't see you, I wasn't paying attention." He added on. Lance's eyebrows furrowed as he noticed a purple line on Keith's neck. "I think you have something on your--" Lance started before being cut off by Keith.

"I gotta go, see you in history!" Keith rushed out, dashing down the hallway, leaving Lance beyond confused. But what he did know, was that he just had a conversation, his first conversation with the guy he's liked forever.