The Isle of the Lost: Jay and Mal

Start from the beginning

She wouldn't!

The fairy sighed letting the girl go so suddenly it caused her to lose her balance and fall to the ground, "Do you want to know why your mothering isn't coming?"

Jane stayed quiet.

"I'll tell you," looking down at the pathetic girl plans started to form more clearly than ever before in her mind and it made her next words all the sweeter, "It's because of you."

Stuffy blue-eyes open and look up from the ground, "What... do you mean me?"

"You, my silly child took a stranger's hand willingly and by doing so you have made it so your mother's magic will never find you here."

Eyes widen, that couldn't be true could it? Did magic work like that?

"So, you see Jane it's all your fault."

Her mind went blank.

Before everything came rushing back in... was it her fault?

It was all her fault.

She was stuck here, and it was her fault.

Her own doing lead to this. It. Was. Her. Fault.

Her mom couldn't find her... because it was of her.

It was all her fault.

"I guess you should be careful who you trust in the future hmm?"

Tears wanted to fall but whether it was because she was too exhausted, had used them all up, or was dehydrated she didn't know or care.

She sat there unmoving until Maleficent called out to one of the lurking female villains in the area to get her cleaned up and bring her back here immediately after, so she could start her on her lessons.

So, she was unceremoniously hauled away to get cleaned up but at the moment she didn't care that she'd finally be clean she didn't care about anything.

-

"Jay come out I know you're lurking around here," the evil fairy said all the while filing her nails with a nail filer that a minion had produced on demand.

The little boy thought he was hiding really well this time too but apparently not, he comes out of his shadowy hiding spot. "Go make yourself useful and fetch my daughter."

"...Okay." After all one didn't say no to Maleficent without facing the consequences and after what he just witnessed he knew that she could be cruel in fact her cruelty would probably make the Auradon girl into an Isle one if it hasn't already...

Though what the evil fairy wanted with a kid from there the once-genie's son didn't know but whatever it was couldn't be good, it actually made him feel sorry for her well sorrier.

Shaking his head at the thought because he couldn't afford to have it, now time to find Mal.

Jay had rarely hung with her as she was kind of bossy but not the worst villain kid if you wanted to hang out with someone besides she could pull her own weight and in the end that's what mattered.

-

Mal wasn't happy for the second day in a row her mom was sending people to fetch her, this time she hoped she'd get a lesson unlike yesterday though she was excited for what her mom had to teach her she was also very aware that it might not turn out well for her.

Still, the half-fairy knew not to keep her mother waiting, her temper was something to be avoided at all costs if possible sadly it usually wasn't possible.