chapter seventeen

Start from the beginning

     “Stop this!” Noah yelled, his eyes glowing gray.

     Sophia’s vision began to get blurry, and the next thing she knew she was toppling to the floor.

     ~End Of Flash Back~

     “Yeah,” Leila shook her head. “I told Noah afterwards that making you guys pass out was a bad call.”

     “Tell me about it,” A strange voice interrupted.

     Before Sophia could even fully turn around, she could tell by Leila’s small smile (and the fact that Leila’s heart was beating so fast Sophia could hear it) that it was The Man In White.

     “Hey,” The Man In White greeted Sophia with an outstretched hand that she gladly shook, and a smile.

     “Hi,” Sophia said. It was the first time Sophia had been mask–to–face with him, and she was a bit intimidated. Not because he was mean in any way, but because the way he carried himself screamed power. 

     “I should give you guys some privacy.” Sophia wiggled her eyebrows at Leila and walked out the door.

     ‘I wonder when he’ll take off that mask.’

~

Leila ♕

     “Good morning,” He said to Leila, getting on the bed.

     “What are you doing?” Leila giggled as he took off his shoes and laid in bed next to her.

     Lately Leila had been sleeping without any shorts on, so he needed to get out of that bed.

     “I want to spend the day with you,” He said.

     “Oh really?“ Leila asked sarcastically. “Why?”

     “Because we’re mates, and we barely know each other. The other Royals were already together but we weren’t.”

     “Okay..” She eyed him. “What will we do on this special day?”

     “Anything. Eat lunch, walk through the castle.. or just sit in bed asking each other questions.” He seemed confident that Leila would say yes to this. She could tell by his white–toothed smile and his gorgeous twinkling eyes.

     “So?” He snapped me back to reality. “What do you say?”

     “Sure, I’d like that.”

     “Perfect.”

     “Before we start with today, what did you mean when you said ‘Tell me about it’ when I said making everyone pass out was a bad idea?”

     “Well.. I love you. I watch over you. Always. Which means when you’re announcing something, I’m always in the crowd.” He answered.

     Leila tried to ignore the butterflies that were begging to escape her stomach at the way he proclaimed his love for her, as if he’d done it millions of times before. “What? No way. I never see you. What are you, invisible?”

     “No,” He laughed. “I take off the mask, and I don’t wear any white.”

     “You’re shitting me.”

~

Lily

     The second Lily woke, she knew that it was the day. It had been a week since Lily discovered that her and Damian were mates; destined to be together. Lily had always been afraid of giving herself to someone completely. She always feared that the moment that person got what they wanted, they’d leave. But now she knew for sure, Damian wouldn’t leave. And although he didn’t love her yet, she loved him with all her heart. And she knew he’d never do anything to harm her.