He recognized the voice as Carly. He raised a brow then pulled the phone away to look at the caller ID. The call wasn't directed from Carly's phone, she was calling from a different number, "Carly, is everything okay?"

There was a small wave of silence that passed when Carly spoke again, "I'm fine, everything's good on my end. Just tired from all the work I've been doing" she forced a laugh which made Elijah all the more not convinced. "Ahh, can you do me a favour?"

"Yeah, sure, what is it" Elijah replied, standing to his feet firmly as he waited for Carly's respond which was slower than usual. For a moment Elijah was forgetting his own problems.

"You see I-- I lost a few physical copies of the case I'm working on. I had a digital copy which is fine but I want to give a back up to you just in case I lost this one. You know me, always loosing stuff"

Elijah found it odd how Carly was putting something she worked so hard on in his hands. He usually isn't allowed to touch anything at all, "Sure I can hold onto it but are you sure?"

"Thanks, you're doing me a huge favour. I'll drop of off around nine" Carly responded more quickly. "One more thing"

"What is it?"

"Have you talked to Scott recently" Elijah felt his breath caught in his throat. All his worries were now rushing back.

"Things are complicated right now" Elijah managed to say.

"Elijah you should --" before Carly could finish the line went dead. He tried calling her back but there was no respond. There was no respond on her cell either.

The long awaited knock he was waiting for sounded from his door. Elijah might've been waiting long for it but he was a bit on the irritated side when he heard it now that he couldn't get through to Carly. The persistent knock continued and Elijah tossed his phone to the side and walked over to the door hastily.

The wind was knocked out of him and Elijah lost his breath. His heart was kick started after a week of being dormant. Elijah had so much to say, so much he wanted to do but his limb wouldn't move. His body felt numb. Elijah lost his voice as he tightened his grip on the door knob. He looked like a mess but the biggest mess was his heart. It was being overwhelmed with so much emotions. There was no way he could be angry, he was void of that single emotion. How could he when he looked just as hurt as Elijah.

"Elijah I--" he said, making Elijah feel weak to his knees at his voice. He'd long to hear it, to see him. "Can I come in?"

There was no need to ask Elijah would always let him in. Not only in his apartment but his heart. Elijah stepped to side, still unable to form the words he wanted to say. Scott gave him a small smile as he entered his apartment. It was enough to know that he read his letter, that Scott got the meaning.

"Elijah I-- I have so much to say to you that I--" Scott was cut halfway by Elijah pulling him into his arms. Elijah finally found the courage he needed to take a step forward. Scott was hesitant at first but he fell into the hug, gripping dearly on the back of Elijah's shirt.

The both longed to be in each others arm. Feel their arms around each other. Scott could feel the tears rising. He never wanted to let go of Elijah again. He was foolish to do so before. Elijah would never want Scott to leave his side again. He feared that if he let go Scott would run out the doors again. Instead he tightened his hold.

"Elijah your squeezing me too tight" Scott mumbled into Elijah's chest.

"Sorry, I just-- I missed you so much" Elijah replied, not realizing he was about to cry as he pulled away from Scott. His hand still lingering. Elijah wanted to know that Scott was still before him.

Scott averted his gaze. He felt bad about what he did to Elijah and himself. To their relationship, "I'm sorry. I'm so so sorry Elijah" Scott apologized, his emotions doing him over.

"Scott, look at me" Elijah said, lifting Scott's chin so he could look at him, "You're here now and that's all that matters. I sent the letter and now you're here. That makes me happy"

"But what I did to you- I hurt you and destroyed what we had. I said all those harsh things and ignored you" Scott replied, putting his hand on Elijah's that was cupping his cheek.

"You had your reasons Scott but I wished you'd tell me" Elijah admitted.

"That's why I'm here" Scott said, reaching into his pocket and taking two pieces of folded paper. "I'm here because of this. That you deserve to know, you of all people deserved that" Scott continued, undoing Elijah's poem to him. "I love this. Much like I love you"

Scott pulled Elijah to the couch. Sitting down but not too far from each other. So close that they could feel the heat from each other. Hear each breath they took.

"I want you to have this" Scott said, handing the other folded paper to Elijah.

Elijah took it, undoing it to see a poem written by Scott. Elijah looked into his brown eyes, "Go ahead and read it. It's my first and it took me along time to write it" Scott gestures for him to read it. Elijah did as he was told and read the poem.

Forged from my love
Carved from my happiness
Sharpened from my sadness
I made you my Love
Named you my breakup
Stabbed me in the heart and left me to die.

Dyed so beautifully
Broken so sadly
Pulled from my heart
A crimson so beautiful

Forged from my heart
Carved from my soul
Sharpened from my body
I made you my forever
Named you my soulmate
Healed my wounds
Found my broken pieces

"This is beautiful Scott" Elijah said, making Scott flush at the compliment. "I told you that you would be able to write something beautiful" Elijah recalled all the times he told Scott.

"Thank you" Scott said sheepishly, looking anywhere but at Elijah. "Since you've read the poem now, I'll explain everything to you" Scott took a deep breath, Elijah's hand finding his thigh in a reassuring manner.

For the next few minutes Scott explained everything to Elijah. Elijah listened carefully, feeling so many different emotions at once. He listened to Scott telling him about his ex. How he was back in town and sending threats to Scott. Each time Elijah tried to say something Scott would stop him. So, he just listened and bit his tongue until the end. He listened through all the painful things Scott had to day. Not missing how Carly had stop by to talk to Scott. It dawned on him that that was the reason she had asked about Scott.

"I just wanted to keep you safe" Scott finished off, a pained expression on his face that felt like a punch to his heart.

"Scott" Elijah pulled him into his arms. "I appreciate you trying to protect me but I'm more than capable of protecting himself. If anything I should be the one protection you"

"It's all my fault. It's my fault they died. I can't lose you Elijah" Scott sobbed into his chest.

"None of this is your fault. You didn't bring him here, he came all by himself. You didn't kill all those people. Don't blame yourself." Elijah wiped the tears from Scott's cheeks. "I want to be with you even if I'm risking my life because that's my decision. I want to hold you, kiss you and tell you I love you. I want you to take my glasses like you usually do and accidentally break them. I want to do a lot more with you because I want to"

Elijah then kissed Scott like he had wanted to. Kissing the corner of his eyes, "most of all I don't want to see you crying again. I love you so much I could--"

"No, I think it's my time to say it. I haven't said it enough" Scott pecked Elijah's lips, "I love you Elijah. Your love will always be enough"

For the longest while they just enjoyed each other company.