Midnight Sun (KSImon) Pt. 3 (Final)

Start from the beginning

"Can you please tell me what the fuck is happening?" JJ says- concern clear in his voice as he looks over at Simon.

"Just keep driving." Simon cries out- his eyes widening as he sees rays of sun start to hit the back of the car- immediately ducking down.

JJ pulls up in front of his house and Simon jumps out quickly- tears clouding his vision as he runs up to the door.

Before he can open it a sliver of sun hits his arm.

Quickly the door opens and he falls inside- slamming it behind him and crying as he leans against it, pulling his knees to his chest.

His mum immediately rushes over to him- tears in her own eyes from worry that the boy wasn't going to make it home in time.

JJ jumps out of his car and runs up to his door- trying to open it just to find it locked, footsteps quickly coming up behind him.

"What the hell man! Do you not know how to keep track of time?" Harry shoves JJ, clenching his fists by his side in anger.

"What the fuck are you talking about?" JJ yells back, running a hand through his hair worriedly.

"Simon didn't tell you, did he?" Harry steps back- a look of realisation spreading across his face.

"Simon has Xp! He can't be in the sun! And if that sun touched him-" Harry cuts himself off, his voice wavering as he talks.

"I think it would be best if you left." Harry whispers and walks inside- closing the door behind him and locking it again.
-
When JJ got back to his house he did some research.

The disease was called Xeroderma pigmentosum.

The more JJ read the more he dreaded what could've happened to Simon- if even the slightest bit of sun had hit his skin-

JJ slams his laptop shut and puts his face in his hands, hating himself for not realising something was up sooner.

"I'm really busy durning the day... but I can be free at night."

He curses himself- curses himself for being so stupid and ignorant, possibly costing the life of the boy he's falling in love with.
-
Simon sits at the doctors office with his mum and Harry, biting his nails nervously as he waits for his name to be called.

When he finally does get his results, they're not good, but he knew that already.

The doctor inspects his arm that had gotten hit, a small red mark occupying the skin.

Simon knows what's happening- once you're hit, you can't go back.

There's no going back.

"We knew this day would come, we just didn't know how soon." The Doctor speaks to Simon's mum, her heart falling.
-
Everyone is silent on the way home- Simon and Harry immediately going up to his room, Simon hadn't spoken a word to anyone.

"The boy I love gave me the best night of my life, and possibly the last." Simon whispers, avoiding eye contact with Harry as he hears his phone going off.

"You should really talk to him Si." Harry says softly, grabbing Simon's phone and seeing multiple texts from JJ.

"No." Simon shakes his head and lays down on his bed- turning away from his best friend and not speaking another word.
-
"Did you order the food?" Simon asks and sits down to his mum on the couch- watching as she flips through some channels on the tv.

"Sure did." She smiles at him and finds a movie to watch, putting it on.

It had been a few days since the incident, even though it was obvious Simon had limited time left, life went on.