Part 2 Chapter 4

Dan's POV:

I gain consciousness again as then sun peaks over the hills, indicating the start of a new day. I stretch my arms above my head but quickly draw them back as I feel the back of my hand whack something.

"Again?" Phil mumbles but doesn't flinch, obviously too comfy to move. I smile and kiss his chest as a week apology and the snuggle back down into his side. I let out a small hum of content.

I felt Phil's arm wrap around me gently and rub my back. Why couldn't we do this more often, I could do this all day... To bad we're going traveling today. I thought to myself as tapped my foot in time to Phil's heart beet. Wait... We're leaving today... WE'RE LEAVING TODAY!

"Phil!" I quickly sprang up and started shaking his shoulders. "Wake up we've gotta get going!" I said excitedly.

Phil groaned and propped himself up on his elbows in a weak attempt to shake me off. "Please Dan," He said sleepily "Five more minuets."

"No Phil! We need to get there befor- WHOA!" Before I could finish my sentence Phil grabbed my neck and flung me back onto the bed and lay on top of me. I was trapped.

"Phil!" I let out a muffled call. "Please Phil, We need to go." I tried to wriggle around under him but he was too strong.

"But you're so cuddly!" Phil wined and started pressing lights kisses all over my face.

"Phil! That's not going to work." I said and eventually he let me go but continued to sleep. I sat on my hand and knees and looked down at him. He looked so peaceful like that but we really needed to go...

"OW! Dan!" He said with a thump as he fell onto the ground below. "Why did you do that." He complained whilst rubbing his head.

"Because you weren't getting up and we need to go, so come on lazy butt." I said pulling him up.

*********

A few hours later we were all ready to go and Phil was chucking our cases into the back of the carriage.

"Laddies first." I said, indicating for Phil to jump in the carriage.

He frowned. "I'm not a Lady, I'm manly as hell." He said, sticking out his chest to try and look more masculine, but climbed in first any way.

At First glance, Phil may seem like a tough guy who shouldn't be messed with. And yes, he is clever and strong and has magic so he's a tough foe to face but in reality, he's less intimidating than a pink butterfly on a marshmallow. I blame it on his past see. You know how rough his past was, I know he does this to appear strong so he doesn't get hurt again. Sometimes he forgets that we're surrounded by guards, constantly protected, but its just in his nature I guess. He's been protecting others his whole life so he's constantly on edge, trying to look tough to scare others off. I know better, even when he's fighting I can still see the timid, vulnerable, young boy I first met.

I hopped into carriage after Phil and shut the door behind me. I was so excited but Phil wouldn't tell me exactly where we were going. He just said 'some where in the country, far away from everyone else.' I looked up as the carriage started to see him staring at me.

"What?" I asked as he continued to look at me.

"I'm just worried." He said. I looked at him confused.

"Why?"

"Because, I promised your parents I would always look after you. But this is the first time I've been alone with you. I mean, normally if something happened where I wasn't able to help you, I could just call guard for back up but now... The only back up I have is Lion." He gestured towards Lion who was sitting down in the boot, watching the world fly past.

"It's OK Phil." I smiled reassuringly at him. "You may have promised to protect me but I am Nearly 20 years old. I can look after myself. This trip is meant to be fun so try to relax." I said. "And other people know where we're going right?"

"Yeah. I told your parents and Louise." He sighed. " Now, If you don't mind, you woke me up pretty early this morning so I'm going to get some sleep." He mumbled and closed his eyes. I did the same.

********

"Dan.... DAN!" I jolted up to see Phil shaking me awake, like I had done to him earlier this morning.

"Looks like the tables have turned." I said groggily as I rubbed my eyes.

"We're here!" Phil said excitedly. I went to look out the window but he quickly covered my eyes.

"Ah, ah, ah. No peaking until we get there." He said. He took a piece of cloth out of his back pocket and tied it around my eyes. I stumbled out the car and nearly fell on my face as I tripped on my own feet.

"Wow Dan, So elegant." Phil said sarcastically. "Be right back, I'm just going to sort out the cases." He said as I heard him Open the boot.

"Yeah OK Phil, Just leave me standing here blind in the middle of God knows where." I said and he laughed.

"Ill only be two minutes you woos."

Sure enough, a few minutes past and he came back up to get me. "OK," He said happily. "Try not to trip." He grabbed my hand and led me a few metres down what felt like a dirt path. "Face this way." He spun me around so I was a facing a different direction. "and....." I felt his hands travel to the back of my head to undo the cloth. "TA-DA!"

I opened my eyes to see a flash of colour dash past my face and a couple of butterfly's zoomed through the air. I looked straight ahead of me and saw a small cottage house that was almost hidden by the vines and spectrum of flowers that were winding up its sides, separating at the windows and reflecting colours into the small lake below that rippled as fish leaped out and landed back in with a small splash. The sun shone through the gaps in the tall, green trees creating beams of light that illuminated the ground.

I'd never seen anything like it. Not going further than one town for 20 years really was a bad move. I'd spent my whole life not witnessing how beautiful the world could be and this was only just the beginning.

A/N: ok I lied, this is the same length as the other two sorry.

ok so you may/may not have noticed that I've chaged my user name from edenyognaut to So_Totally_Phan because I don't write yogscast fics anymore. I also changed my profile pic so you can see my face lol dont.

also... Writing fics that are a bit different/weird is kinda my thing and as cheesy and un original this one sounds at the moment it will be different and sad-ish like the last one and it does have a story line but im not sure how to end it... Like, should i end it sad? Because i don't want to end it sad but if I dont i'm not really sure when this fic will ever end...

OK I'VE JUST HAD THE BEST IDEA FOR AN ENDING POP INTO MY HEAD DONT WORRY BYE

THANKS FOR READING N STUFF

PLEASE COMMENT BELOW XX

ILYSM