Chapter Seventeen

I groan as I wake up, feeling Jeremy's arm wrapped securely around me. I feel him running his spare hand through my hair and his lips kissing my head. "Morning." He mumbles into my hair.

"Morning." I say, I notice he's in his regular clothes. "Why are you dressed?" I ask groggily. "Sheriff had me in for questioning about Vicki, she doesn't believe she skipped town." He says.

"Do I have to go in?" I ask and he shakes his head. "Your name didn't come up in any of the statements." He says and I kiss his nose gently.

I stare into his eyes and I realise something. I love him. It's not heightened emotions like the last few times, it's real. I love him.

"You Okay?" He asks and I realise I must have been staring at him for a long time. I nod gently. "Just looking at your eyes." I mutter with a smile.

I start to feel sad. And worried. I love him l, but I can't tell him. He won't feel the same way, and this isn't some petty teenage romcom 'he doesn't like me back so I bottle up my feelings and we kiss in the rain' type situations. It's just too soon, Vicki just 'left town.' And I feel guilty because if he does say he loves me, it may just be the compulsion.

I get changed into some clothes I left here seeing as I'm in his shirt and his shirt alone.We make our way downstairs and I get a glass of orange juice and flop on his couch beside Elena, neither of us saying anything, knowing the other just needs peace to think, pulling the blanket over our knees.

I catch myself not paying attention to Elena nor my boyfriend. But just the small frays in this knitted throw over on my legs.

Soon, Jenna flops beside us and leans on me. "You're both wallowing." She points out and she isn't lying, I am. "So are you." I respond.

"My wallow is legitimate. I was dumped." She says bitterly. "Yeah, well, Logan's a jerk." Elena says glumly.

"You didn't get a brush-off email saying 'I'm leaving town, see ya'." She sighs.

"Wanna keep it down over there?" My boyfriend, who if I'm being honest, I forgot was here even though he is the reason I'm wallowing.

"Why? What are you doing?" Jenna asks, rising to face Jeremy. "Homework." He responds and Elena and I scrunch our faces up. We turn to face him, rising above the sofa so he is in our line of sight and I'm not staring at leather.

"Since when do you do homework?" I ask. "I gotta finish this, I'm way behind, and I have a quiz after the break, so..." He says and goes back to his books.

"What do you think?" Elena asks us. "Alien?" Jenna suggests. "Some kind of replicant, no wonder he was being a gentleman this morning." I say, my mouth barely opening but the worlds coming out loud enough for everyone to hear. None of us take our eyes off of the brown eyed boy focussed on his studies.

"Uh, He can hear you, you know?" Jeremy smirks and my and Elena and I exchange a look. "Compulsion?." She mouths. "Probably." I mouth back.

We all turn back to the couch, and now I'm wallowing more than I was before. Because now I know I can't say I love him, if he hypothetically did say it back, it would be false.

I get a call from my brother. "What's Up?" I ask with dread. "Get your ass home. Scott is ditching me. Stilinski-Sibling-Movie-Night." He says. "1) stop calling it that, nobody ever calls it that. 2) I can't, I'm busy." I say, picking at my nails.

"Doing what?" He asks. "Girls night." I say and Jenna and Elena turn to look at me. "Well what is so important about hair curling and pillow fights?" He asks. "We aren't doing that, we are just wallowing on Elena's couch about our little broken and/or distressed hearts." I say.