iii. The Beginning

'A mess of beautiful contradictions make her whole, she wears fire for skin but a storm lives in her soul. '

For the next three days Carter spent most of her time held up in the training room with Clint, Natasha, Thor and Steve.

Tony and Bruce were off doing something sciency that Carter had been banned from and the others were uninterested in.

Since she was already a star combat fighter the group focused on teaching her to improve her technique as Natasha and Clint secretly helped her learn to use certain weapons whilst the blonde healed.

One of Tony's rules had been that he didn't want her to be involved in their world yet and he thought that postponing her training would help. Ken doll and Assassin Barbie disagreed.

So when the day of the party arrived Carter had completely forgotten, getting lost in her training until Jarvis reminded her. 

Luckily enough for the forgetful teen, Tony had brought her a dress and left it in her room for her, giving her enough time to get ready and retract her wings as not to receive unwanted attention. 

Smiling at her reflection Carter admired the emerald green material as she ran it through her fingers, humming to herself as she slipped on her heels before bouncing on her heels and exiting the room. 

When she got to the main room that the celebration was taking place in the party was already in full swing.

Carter walked in and spotted most of the Avengers scattered across the room engaging in conversations far enough away from the bar for her to order a drink for herself without being caught.

As she walked across the floor towards the bar tender she scanned the area and located the rest of the Avengers, cursing under her breath when she noticed Bruce sitting on one of the stools talking to Natasha who was working behind the counter.

Sitting down on the farthest stool from the scientist and the Assassin, Carter flagged the guy working behind the counter down as he walked over checking her out in the process.

"Smirnoff Ice... please" She told him leaning one arm on the counter and crossing her legs over one another as she let her gaze travel around the room once more.

Whenever Tony threw a party Carter would attend them and observe as people interacted with one another, spending her time downing drinks in private and getting involved in games of pool, showing everyone how the game was really played. 

For a minute Carter sipped on her drink as she watched Bruce and Natasha flirt with one another. 

She found it quite surprising when she had first noticed the sexual tension between the two as she'd innocently thought Nat and Steve had a thing. 

Apparently she couldn't be right all the time. Although the majority of the time she would like to think she was.

Going back to her drink she focused on Steve's approaching figure as the conversation between the two love birds died down and Carter made her way across the room to get a game of pool going with Sam who was waving her over.

..........

In the after hours of the party when all the guests had gone, the team all sat around the living room space drinking and laughing together.

When the night had wrapped up Carter had found herself huddled around the Coffee table with her fathers team mates, enjoying the stories they told as she sat on the couch between the super soldier and the large Asguardian.