Josie Sister - I have a Voice of my own

Start from the beginning

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"I love you Dad, but you're never here long enough to do anything about it. Besides it's my fight not yours."

"You are my daughter."

"So is Josie." he sighed

"Will you promise me one thing?"

"Anything."

"Promise me you'll stick around long enough for your surprise." I smiled at him as he raised his eyebrow.

"What is it."

"If I told you it wouldn't be a surprise now would it. Please."

"I promise." He kissed my head one more time before kissing me goodnight and leaving me to sleep.

----------

It was the night of the Varity show and I have a confession. I'm in it. I audition secretly a while ago to Kevin who just happened to be one of my friends. I made him and my boyfriend Reggie swear not to tell anyone. God forbid my mother find out I have no idea what she would legally do to stop me from performing in the same place as my sister. There was quite a few acts before me but I sat in a empty classroom getting ready.

"Hey Babe." Reggie came in. I grinned

"Hey." We kissed

"So I saw your Dad was here, you nervous?" He wondered holding my waist.

"Excited, actually with him any way. My Dad knows I love music, hell he even named me after one of the greatest singers. My Mom and Sister on the other hand. terrified. It's always be Josie and the pussycats, Josie the star, Josie the next big thing. That all anyone knows. Other don't get theirs to sisters who are as equally as good. I'm tired of being know as Josie's little sister. I just wanna be me. Does that make sense?"

"Completely. Good luck out there tonight, and if you think your gonna choke, find me."

"Thanks Babe." I gave him another kiss and he left.

I stood on the other side of the stage from where the rest of the acts where waiting to perform. I watched Josie and the Pussycats perform I feel love and I watched my dad reaction. He was tough on her, but I never expected him to walk out. I panicked, ignoring the rest of the performance I texted Reggie

Bae- Reg, my Dad is leaving, stop him at all costs.

I sent the message and looked at my boyfriend. He took out is phone and read my text. Finding my I told him to move and he ran off.

-Reggie-

From Bae

Reg my dad is leaving, stop at all costs. I looked for her and found her peaking out of the curtain. she told me to move and I took off running for Mr McCoy.

"Mr McCoy! Mr McCoy please stop." I yelled and he did.

"Do I know you?" he questioned

"No, and I wish we were having a different greeting, but I'm Whitney's boyfriend."

"Boyfriend? She's never mentioned you?"

"That's because were new and she wanted to do it in person." I told him

"If you are my daughter's boyfriend then where is she?" I sighed knowing I would have to spill to keep him here.

"She's hiding backstage." I saw his expression change as I continued.

"A Week or so ago she secretly auditioned to be in the show and swore me and her best friend who is hosting to keep it secret. She didn't want her Mom interfering or trying to sabotage her. She's tired of how she gets treated and she's stepping out of Josie's shadow. Look this means a lot to her and even more so now that you're here. Please, don't go." he turned to face me fully.