Chapter 8 - A New Home

I feel shivers travel down my back as I turn around to face the one and only Orion. He's wearing a dark charcoal grey pant and jacket and a cornflower blue shirt that compliments his striking blue eyes.

"Princess?" asks Orion as I come out of my trance

"Oh yes sorry. Of course you may have this dance. Although I must warn you I'm not a very good dancer,"

"Well you're going to have to learn anyways," he replies taking my hand and dragging me to the dance floor

Once on the dance floor Orion puts his right hand on my left shoulder and he lifts my hand with his other hand. Before I know it he's guiding me across the dance floor in rhythm with the music echoing through the dance hall. I lift my eyes from my feet and look at Orion for the first time since we started dancing. For the first time he was wearing what appears to be a slight smirk across his face. I gaze at his face appreciating the way it looks when he smiles as well as the piercing blue colour emulating from his eyes.

"You're not that bad of a dancer Princess," says Orion out of nowhere

"Why thank you but I wouldn't be able to dance if I didn't have such a good partner,"

Orion doesn't answer but nods in response instead. We continue to dance for what feels like hours and I can no longer feel my feet. Once we break from our dance Orion bows to me and I head to where my Mum sits on the edge of the room.

"Well you and Orion seem to have a connection," she states

"What? Where did that come from?"

"Well I saw the way you looked at him while you were dancing. All I'm saying is be careful," Mum then gets up and walks over to a group of people talking on the other side of the ballroom

I sit by myself for a while wondering what Mum said, I couldn't deny that Orion was good looking but I definitely didn't like him, I mean he was so cold all the time. After a while in my thoughts I decided to turn my attention back to the dance floor. As I scanned the dance floor my eyes fell on Orion and Rain dancing. I continued to watch them dance even though I felt a pit building in my stomach. Orion had a smile plastered on his face and that was something I had never seen before. All of a sudden I see Diane approaching me with a young man flanking her side. When she notices that I've seen them approaching me she flashes me a wide smile and continues making her way towards me.

"Etheral darling, there is someone I'd like you to meet. This is Luke," she smiles directing her hand to the young man standing next to me.

Luke extends his hand towards me and smiles. I shake his hand and smile in return.

"Nice to meet you, your majesty," Luke says as he bows and kisses my hand before standing back up and retracting his hand slowly

"Nice to meet you as well," I reply letting my hand fall naturally to my side as his eye catches mine

"Luke's father was your fathers advisor before he vanished. But now that you two have met I will leave you alone," Diane cuts in before turning on her heels and walking towards Mum with a mischievous smile on her face

"So may I have this dance your majesty?" asks Luke his hand held out to mine

"Of course, but you can call me Etheral. I'm not used to the whole your majesty thing yet" I smile as I take his hand and let him bring me to the dance floor

Luke grasps me in his arms just as Orion had done and then we start dancing across the ballroom. Luke guides me gently and we both smile as we move in perfect synchrony.