13.

"He said he's coming" I say going to grab my plate of food and walking to the dining room. I sit down in a crisscross position on the chair and started to cut my pancakes. My mom brings her food and James's to the table and James joins us.

"Looks amazing" he says sitting down.

"Thank you" she smiles. "Oh... I forgot the syrup, I'll be right back" she said leaving the dining room. I stare at my pancakes realizing I actually need syrup and I was not going to eat them dry. I feel James looking at me and I glance up at him and he was rubbing his thumb on his bottom lip staring at me. "Here ya go" she says putting the syrup next to me.

"Thanks..." I said grabbing it and drowning my pancakes. During breakfast, my mom explained her client list this week for hair and make-up. I was disinterested but I pretend I was listening. When we were finished, James collects our plates and took them to the kitchen. "What are you doing today?" I asked my mom.

"Picking up some more make-up but other than that, I'll be home" she said and looks at me. "You really have no plans today?"

"It's not a big deal"

"Remi... it's Saturday, you should go do something"

"I'm fine" I said standing up and leaving the dining room. I head to my room and decided to fill out the work forms Dawson had sent to my email. When I was finished, I pick up my phone and scrolled through Instagram. I thought about contacting Mason, but I didn't know what to say.

"Hey" someone says and I look over at James.

"I'm going downtown to pick up some paperwork at the office, wanna ride?" he asked.

"Yea sure" I said getting up from my bed. James leaves my room and I hear  head downstairs. I change into some leggings and slipped on a long sleeve with my converse and headed downstairs. My mom comes from the dining room and I look at her.

"Hey... I'm heading to the office real fast and I was going to take Remi to see downtown, care to join?" James asked my mom and she smiles.

"No... I won't ruin your bonding experience" she smiles. Oh boy. "I like this. I like that you guys are getting along"

"Okay, bye mom" I said leaving out the front door. I walk to James car and I look back to see him and my mom sharing a kiss. James then unlocks the car door and I hurry to get in. Once James was in the car, he starts it and we pull away from the house and my mom waves to us at the door. I ignore her and look forward and we leave the neighborhood.

"Nothing to say?" James asked.

"Not at the moment" I say and I look over at him. He stares straight ahead and he glances over at me and smirks. "Why'd you ask me to come?"

"For the bonding experience of course" he says quoting my mom and I roll my eyes. "Stop doing that" he says and I look at him.

"Stop doing what?"

"Rolling your eyes at me, I don't like it" he says. I wanted to say something smart back but I let it go. "I didn't mean for that to be... mean" he adds resting his hand on my thigh. Gahdamn... here I am getting super-hot again. I stare at his hand and the veins that lead up to the rest of his arm. I think I hear him talking but all I can think about is his thumb massaging the top of my thigh while the other fingers grip ahold of me. Just do it Remi! Do what Remi? You don't know anything about this. What if I take his hand and... what the hell is wrong with me? Why would James want to? What does it even feel like it? To have someone touch you down there. "My hand won't wait forever" I hear James say and I look at him. I look over at him and he glances at me then my thigh and I cover my face. I blew it! I fuckin blew it. "Relax... take a deep breath" he says and I do so.