24.

Oh boy.

I laugh and look at Dawson who was still staring at James.

"That's actually my moms' fiancé" I said jumping off the counter.

"Seriously?" he said and I laugh turning around to look at James.

"Umm... what's the emergency?" I asked and he stares at me.

"Your mom... she sent me down here to make sure you were alright. Been here all day" James says.

"Yea, I'm fine. I made a mess in here, so I'm going to help clean up. Tell her I'll be home shortly" I say and he doesn't say anything and stare at me then smirks and look down. He turns around and leaves the café and I turn to look at Dawson.

"Not to be rude or anything, but how old is your mom?" he asked and I laugh.

"I know... she's a cougar" I laugh walking away from him to grab a towel. I grab an extra one and gave it to Dawson and he laughs.

"You know... as a boss I should just make you clean it yourself" he says and I laugh. "But you're lucky I like you" he said walking to the counter and started to wipe it off. I stare at him and smile and went to clean on the floor. I mean I know Dawson was my boss but it wasn't bad that we just made out. I mean, he's closer to my age, he's also single and not dating my mother. I don't think Tamantha would be too happy about it but it felt good with him. And gahdamn, when he picked me up. "Looks good" he says as we finish up and look around.

"Like it never even happened"

"Except... it's all over your face" he says and I laugh.

"I should get home, but... I'll see you tomorrow" I said taking off my apron. I go grab my purse and phone and walk around the counter. I walk out of New Grounds without looking back. I get back in my car and drive back to the house. When I get home, I go in through the garage and I heard the T.V on in the living room. I peek in to see James watching T.V and I ignore him and head upstairs. My mom was in bed reading and I knock on the door. "Hey... I'm home"

"Good. You better have a good ass check for staying that long there" she said and I laugh.

"Night" I said walking away from her to my bathroom and decided to take a shower. Once I was clean, I go to my bedroom, close the door and went to get changed into my pajamas. I lay down in bed and feel on my lips and laugh. Never in my life have I got an attention from guys and now all of the sudden did I not get James, but got Dawson too.  I fuckin love older men.

The following morning, I was excited to go to school. The sooner I go to school, the sooner I come home and the sooner I go to work to see Dawson. I was done getting dressed when a few knocks come to my door.

"Yea?" I said. My door opens and I look over and James was coming in. "Can I... help you?"

"We should talk" he said closing the door.

"Maybe with the door open... I don't know how my mom will take this?" I said and he smirks.

"She already left, went to pick up a friend from the airport then she's hanging out with her all day" he said and I look confused.

"What friend?" I asked.

"Someone from Florida" he said and I think about my moms friends from Florida. Who came all this way to see her?

"Oh..." I said and I look down at my phone to see it was time to go. "Well... I have to get to school, so we can talk later" I said about to walk pass him when he grabs my book-bag from me and throwing it on the ground. "Okay?" I said looking at him.