Bree  hears a motorcycle leaving. She sighs.

If she only knew that he's a real psycho, she won't trade anything with this devil. She was wrong. She thought she was in good hands. She was duped by Diego Lucas whom she thought was her savior from Malaysia. She was just sixteen then and very trusting.....

MALAYSIA

"Hija de Puta!"  the man slapped her face once more after a redundant interrogation.

But the girl was firm. She kept saying, "dia mati dengan Freddie". (She died with Freddie) "Saya tidak berada di sana". (I wasn't there.)

The man will hit her face again but his wife reprimanded him in her language. "cukup suami saya." (Enough, my husband)

The husband retorted in the same language. "adakah anda menganggap anjing ini?" (Do you believe this bitch?")

"apa-apa sahajalah" (Whatever). The wife rolled her eyes and walked to the door of the room and waited as her husband gave his next word to the girl.

"kami belum selesai dengan anda" (We're not done with you yet.") The couple left the room.

Alex was left alone inside the dingy room with a pungent smell in a fetal position. She had known pains but another set of brutality  had started.  She understood Malay very well after two years. The woman was Freddie's sister. The couple paid for her bail after Ahmad testified that they were together during the fire. Yet, she was not allowed to go anywhere but put in the custody of her stepfather's sister for further questioning especially when the household help revealed that she left the house while Sandra and Alex were talking.

The next day, the couple met with the Wans lawyer. Freddie did not adopt Alex so she can only have the share of her mother in the business but since she's not yet 18, she cannot get the money. Alex was given a monthly allowance for her school and personal needs entrusted to Mrs. Mira Abar, her step-aunt. Mira represented Alex's interest in the Corporation. She took a seat in the Board occupying Sandra's position as Vice President and Head of Finance.

When they left the lawyer's office, the couple talked in Spanish while driving home. They do not want Alex to understand their conversation.

"Entonces, qué hacemos con ella?"(So, What do we do with her?). The Spanish husband asked.

"Aliméntala y envíala a la escuela, qué más?" (Send her to school. We have her money, anyway).  Mira grinned.

"Dalam satu keadaan. Dia bekerja di kelab saya selepas sekolah." (In one condition. She works in my club after school). Greco Abar said in Malay.

Alex looked out at the window. What ordeal could be waiting for her in the hands of these people? Mira just looked like  her brother, shrewd. And the husband Greco resembled a gangster boss. She must learn Spanish.

Alex was forced to work in the club managed by the Greco Abar

Alex was forced to work in the club managed by the Greco Abar.  After months of waiting tables and cashiering somebody came with special treatment.  Greco introduced her to Diego and warned her to be extra nice to his business partner.