Chapter 2: Epic Grinder Fight!

Hopefully, this EPIC chapter will save me the shame of not being able to name my chapter titles wittyly!

Olivia's POV:

Olivia recognized the people from the building competition, and was glad they had joined the team, but what else did they have to share, other than their assistance?

"Hey, you guys came from underground, right?" she asked. "Do you know a way out of here?"

"Heck yeah, we do!" said Pretty. "Just down this way, there's a tunnel that we didn't make, and we were just on our way to investigate when Kristine here heard voices and decided to mine upwards instead."

"Hey, if YOU heard odd unidentified voices, would YOU let them go unnoticed?" Kristine retorted.

"YES!"

"Well, I don't! And look who we found!"

"Are they always like this?" Olivia whispered to Nikki.

"Beats me. I've only known them so long," she replied. At that moment, as soon as they started to descend, the white bar of the amulet began to glow. And everyone knew what that meant by now.

"Soren!" Jesse exclaimed. Petra got up and took a look at the amulet.

"Find him, Jesse. Maybe he can help us," she suggested.

"There's something down there," Lukas said, pointing to the bottom of the tunnel the Deviants had mined. The floor was polished andesite, something previously built. Olivia watched as Jesse jumped down first and dropped the amulet when he was about three blocks up from the floor. Bats, startled by the movement, flapped away. Zephyr squeaked with mild interest, delighted at seeing one of his kind. At least one-half of it.

"That could've been a disaster," she breathed; relieved that Jesse had made such a smart move. He then beckoned everyone to come down in pairs. Lukas and William went down together, then Olivia and Kristine, and finally, Pretty and Axel came down, flattening Lukas and William.

"You couldn't have floated down with your dragon blaster?" William complained as Pretty sat on him.

"I could've. But this is way more entertaining," the princess teased.

"Off. Of. Me!" her bearded friend ordered. As Pretty got off, Jenny took Zephyr and Reuben down, and then, Nikki and Petra hopped down at last. But to Olivia's surprise, Petra stumbled when she landed, and Nikki had to steady her.

"Everyone okay?" Jesse called out, especially to Petra, Olivia suspected.

"I just slipped," Petra assured the group, but she sure didn't LOOK like it was just a slip. Olivia rose an eyebrow at Petra, and then continued on with a shrug. The tunnel was damp and dark, but at least they were in numbers. The gang walked along in awkward silence.

"So..." Olivia said to Kristine, attempting to strike up conversation. "You do redstone?"

"Often, actually," Kristine replied rather brightly. "There are these two twins who know a lot about it, and we just LOVE to--"

"Hey! There's a light at the end of the tunnel!" William interrupted their conversation. He was right, there was a bright light shining at the end of the walkway. Everyone picked up their pace and found themselves peering over an edge. Olivia got to the front to get a better look—and a look of horror crossed her face. In front of her, was the biggest, most complicated machine she had ever seen. Water poured out of the other tunnel mouths, similar to their own, and hostile monsters rode with them. They fell towards a series of mashing pistons, which killed the monsters, and sucked up what they dropped into water tubes below. The worst part was, she recognized it.