Chapter 1: Good to See Semi-Familiar Faces

Yup. Been a whole 5 months since I updated this, and I STILL can't come up with a catchy title O,u,O

Jesse's POV:

"Noooooooo!"

"Stop. Him!"

"Hur. Ry!"

"You. Won't. Get. Away. With. This!" Jesse swore as he heard the slowed cries of his friends around him, but could do nothing to speed up. Ivor wasn't even out of the room yet, and he was as good as gone. The door slammed shut, leaving everyone trapped.

Just when things couldn't get any worse, Axel, the biggest of the gang, tripped. He fell in slow-mo towards Jesse and his younger sister, Nikki.

"Watch. It!" Lukas, blonde team leader of the Ocelots, their enemies, called out. "Get. Out of the way!" he gasped, suddenly returning to normal speed. At the same time, Axel too returned to normal time and fell short of the siblings, flat on his face.

"Everyone okay?" Jesse asked, checking up on the rest of the group. Axel groaned in reply.

"Ugh, I felt all of that," he moaned.

"That was one heck of a landing, Axel," Olivia, Axel's friend and crush, commented, helping him up. "You alright?" Immediately, Axel was on his feet, raring to go, as if he'd never fell.

"Oh, yeah. I'm ready. Ready to move. Ready to party. Ready to go, go, go!" he said, trying to keep his voice straight.

"Man, what a lovesick puppy," sighed Lukas. "I don't know HOW Olivia doesn't notice anything."

"I think it's sweet," Jenny, the latest newcomer of the group said. "They act so nervous around each other. I wish I was as lucky as they are."

"Oh! Um...well..." Lukas went red. "I...guess they're kinda cute."

Jesse shook his head at the blonde. He was SO hypocritical. Anyone could see his own "lovesick" behavior from a mile away.

"We need to find Soren," Jesse said, looking up at the shut wall.

"I agree. Who knows how long we'll be trapped here if we don't find help?" Nikki sympathized with her brother. Everyone nodded their consent and walked up to take a look at the wall. Meanwhile, Jesse's eye caught Petra, his best friend and secret love interest, staying behind, away from the rest of them, rubbing her arm. Jesse frowned. Even he had to admit, he was under Cupid's "lovesick" spell as well. He elbowed Nikki, and gestured to the trader. They walked over to her, concerned.

Petra's POV:

Petra rubbed her infected arm, hoping it would soothe the pain. There was a reason she looked so dreary. She had been infected with the wither sickness, an odd amplified version of the wither effect, given to her by the Wither Storm, a ginormous monster created by Ivor. The team was trying to stop it, but...Petra couldn't keep up. Jesse and Nikki were the only ones she had told, because she trusted them. Well, in truth, she had meant to tell Jesse only. She felt that she could trust him most because he was her best friend.

But that wasn't the only reason. Petra had a crush on Jesse, a huge one. No, it was more than that: Petra was in love with him. And she knew that he wouldn't tell a soul about her sickness. Nikki had happened to tag along and hear the entire thing, but Petra understood that Nikki knew better. She would stay quiet too.