Madame Soul Eater

There she was. Her tall figure looming over me. Her hair was cascading over her shoulders, tickling my nose. Drops of blood were plopping on my face, making disgusting noises. Her hair was the color of mud in the moon light. I couldn't scream, I was petrified. Her clothes were shorn and dirty. Her nun head dress was nowhere to be seen. Her arms looked useless as they dangled by her side. I felt utterly cold. She leaned back and my scream pierced the quiet night air. She had no face. There was only a black, torn disgusting mass. My scream tore through my throat and she started shaking. I could only assume that she was laughing. She stepped forward but stumbled. I looked to my side and saw that her ankle was split. Her sweet Mary Jane shoes and pretty lace socks were stained in her blood.

I defiled my pants right there. In the disgusting alleyway. A dumpster just a few feet away. My right hand was in an oil puddle, I wasn't even revolted. I couldn't be, I was too god damned scared. My robin's egg blue, button down shirt was beyond filthy. I just wanted to go home and take a shower. Go home to my comfortable life.

Her legs were on either side of me now. She cocked her head to the side. My mouth was open but I wasn't screaming. I couldn't anymore. She raised her previously limp arm in the air and opened her ghostly, white hand. Strange goo appeared and swirled around her hand. Suddenly, the goo stretched and straightened, then curved. She was holding a large scythe. Her fingers gripped it and her knuckles grew even more white, if that was even possible.

My lungs cooperated once more and a blood curdling scream erupted from me. She brought down the scythe and I was no more to this world.

*This is my short story. I got inspired and here it is.