Part Eight

Aditi smiled down at her phone as she reached the gym. She shook her head and tucked her phone into her pocket. Her cheeks were still hot from the walk here, she pulled out her water bottle and took a sip from it before walking into the gym, offering the receptionist a smile as she walked by.

Aditi walked toward the treadmill, pulling her hair as she tightened the hair band and then turned it on, putting her earphones in as she began to run at a slow pace.
So, other than missing me, what are your hobbies?
Aditi smirked at her phone Missing you isn't one of my hobbies, but I enjoy reading, but I rarerly get time for that, I enjoy going to the gym and just being around close friends

Zain nodded along to his music as he read the message, I enjoy the gym to, infact i'm here now, which gym do you go to
He picked up another weight, flexing his arms as he began to stretch with the weights in his hands, his phone hit the floor.
Aditi turned up the pace of the treadmill, humming along as she ran faster when she looked down at her phone, she jumped to the sides to read it, without thinking she stepped back on and with a scream, she went toppling back

Zain turned quickly, wrapping his arm around Aditi's waist, his chin knocked into her head as her right ankle twisted painfully to the side and her phone smashed.
Aditi turned her head to see Zain, she tried to stand, but faltered back and let out a yelp
"Okay, lets just get you sat down" Zain suggested and helped her to a seat

Aditi hit the chair and let out a hiss as she tried to move her ankle
Zain knelt on one knee, picking her leg up and resting it on his thigh
Aditi grabbed his shoulder "Please don't touch it, it hurts so much"
Zain huffed "Its either I have a look or you go to hospital"
Aditi's eyes widened, she gripped the chair tightly as her face paled "No, no hospital"
Zain lifted her ankle, twisting it to the side slightly, she bit down as he twisted it the other way then he pushed her foot back slightly

He stood up and held her hands "In 3, stand up, okay"
Aditi nodded, and they both counted together, he pulled her up and she fell into him again
Zain froze at the electric he felt as her chest hit his, she pulled back slightly and pushed her foot down "It feels a lot better, thank you"
Aditi raised her brow when she realised Zain was still staring at her unblinking

"Hello, Zain"
"Huh" he replied
"I said, it feels a lot better, thank you, why do you seem so distracted"
Zain rolled his eyes "It wasnt me that was distracted, it was you, slipping off a treadmill"
Aditi narrowed her eyes "You are unbelievable, why are you always so rude"
Zain huffed "Oh yeah, im the rude one"
Aditi turned and picked up her smashed phone, she wondered how to let her co-worker know she couldnt text for a while

Zain turned around, storming back to the weights "Be careful next time, there won't always be someone to save you"
Aditi stood back up "I didnt ask you to save me"
"Fine, next time I wont"
Aditi limped away back to the changing room, sitting on the bench she sighed heavily and slammed her phone down beside her

XXX

Nalini passed Aditi her phone "Just send him a message from my phone, say you changed your number temporarily, because if you tell him you're using a friends number and he somehow gets my number, he will work out that you are the woman he's speaking to"
Aditi muttered a thanks and reached for the phone

She had already memorized his number, she typed it in quickly Hey, I lost my phone, so im using this number temporarily, hope thats okay
Aditi looked up at Nalini "Thanks for this, I honestly was worried he would think I was ignoring him"
Nalini wiggled her brows "Does that mean you like him"
Aditi blushed "Maybe a little"
Nalini laughed "Youll have to stay at mine tonight incase he messages again "

XXX

Aditi looked down at Nalini's phone So, what you're saying is you dont like how SRK was only used as a side character in Ae Dil Hai Mushqil?
Aditi laughed Yeah, he's great and he should have had a bigger part, although his speech on one sided love will be memorable she replied
Did you agree with his speech?
Aditi pondered for a second I guess its a beautiful way to look at a love that isnt reciprocated

Zain smiled, he looked over at Jahaan, "You know, I think this girl, whoever she is, is going to be good for me"
Jahaan nodded "You've gone all soft man, she must be something special, how long have you been speaking to her"
"Properly, a week, altogether maybe a month and a half, she only started talking to me properly last week, when I went to that new dance club"
Jahaan nodded "I wonder if you'll ever find out"
Zain shrugged "As long as she keeps messaging, I dont mind what happens in all honesty"

XXX

Aditi walked beside Nalini the next morning, "Hey, one second, let me just get a sandwich"
Aditi stood to the side "Okay, ill wait here"
Aditi looked over at the phone shop, she quickly crossed over the road and walked in
"Hey, can I have this fixed please"
The man nodded and took her phone "Sure, just come back later today, should be done"
Aditi walked back out and towards the road

Making sure there were no cars, she crossed when a car zoomed down the road, Aditi fell to her knees tripping over a rock as Zain slammed his breaks down just in time and jumped out of the car
"Can't you look when you cross the road" he shouted
Aditi jumped up at his angry tone "I did look, you sped around the corner"
Zain stepped forward, gripping her upper arms "I already said I wouldnt always be around to save you, you could have died"

Aditi scowled up at him "Oh yeah, like you care"
Zain shook his head "I dont"
Aditi had realised she had said that statement in anger and wasn't expecting him to agree with her, she pulled her arms back out of his hold, she pulled her leggings up slightly to look at her grased knee, "If you didnt care, why are you so angry "
"Because, you always seem to be in my way, all the time, and im tired of always seeing you"

Aditi still looked down, her eyes burning with tears "You say that like im so bad to look at"
Zain looked away, the adrenaline of the near car accident still flowing through his body "Maybe you are"
He didnt mean that and he knew that, but his heart was racing so fast and he failed to understand how she wasnt even slightly scared after being nearly crashed into with his car

Aditi looked up slowly, her eyes teary "Thanks Zain"
Nalini ran over "Oh my god Aditi, are you okay, your leg is bleeding"
Zain looked down at Aditi's leg, his eyes didnt miss the scar shaped just like a butterfly

Also, _Devilish_Angel_ has published the Tardsams challenge for Avneil, the last day of voting is tomorrow I believe!
There are only two entries and one is mine, if you have time, please read and vote for your faviourate one out of ten in the comments section under the story you most prefer!

Thanks for getting this story to 171 in General Fiction on the 8th of April, I love you all so much!