Scott felt his breath stuck in his throat. His heart pounding forceful against his chest. All he was building up was crashing down. Why couldn't Elijah just leave him alone. He was only making things more difficult for Scott. Maddie turned to look at Scott, worry in her eyes despite their recent dispute. Gianna dropped the curtains and looked up at Scott who tried to remain calm.

"Did something happen between you and Elijah?" She asked. "He's stopped by a few times and on each occasion you refused to meet him"

Scott was at a lost for words. Elijah was just beyond his front door. The light soon disappeared, the sound of a car door slamming. Scott didn't want to see Elijah. But he had to, if he didn't say it now then he would just keep having to go through the same painful routine each passing day. Scott took shakily steps towards the door. His hand trembling against the knob as he twisted it.

"Bring an umbrella" Gianna said.

"Scott!" Maddie called out.

He couldn't hear anything but his own heartbeat. The rain that was starting to downpour again. Opening the wooden frame separating them. Scott didn't have to look up to know that Elijah was shocked and relieved to see him. That he had stopped halfway up the walkway as Scott closed the door behind him. Scott bit the inward of his bottom lip hard as he met with blue eyes that he hadn't seen in awhile. His usually glasses hung on his face despite being fogged by droplets of rain. His black hair stuck to his forehead as a small smile formed on his lips.
Please don't smile.

Scott stood inches away from him. The rain soaking his clothes immediately. "Scott" Elijah spoke, removing his glasses from his face. His blue eyes sparkled with happiness from seeing the person he loved. "Scott I've missed you so much. I've been calling you and--"

"Elijah" Scott cut him off. Every inch of his body shaking. He'd missed the sound of Elijah's voice. Him just telling Scott how much he missed him was enough to have Scott wanting to run in his arms. "I-I don't ......you should....please don't" Scott could barely form his sentence. Each felt like a knife crazing his throat. 

"Scott, what's wrong?" Elijah said, taking a step towards Scott.

Scott took a deep breath, closing his eyes and looking up at the darkened sky, "Y-You shouldn't come back here. Don't ever call me again" Scott stuttered, trying to hold back his tears.

"Did I do something wrong?" Elijah asked, his voice searching or an answer to fix whatever was happening.

Scott bit his bottom lip harder the taste of blood staining his tongue. It was so like Elijah to think it was his fault. It was all Scott and his cowardice ways.

"I think you should leave" Scott finally met back with his blue eyes that were now saddened.

"Scott whatever it is we can work through it. So please don't say that. Don't say I shouldn't see you again or I shouldn't call you. How could I do such a thing when I love you so much. I love you Scott"

"Well I didn't Elijah. I didn't love you. It was all fake. I felt sorry for you. My love for you was all a lie" Scott felt jolt of pain in his heart at his own words.

Elijah refused to believe him as he waited for Scott to jump at him and say 'Fooled you' but he didn't, "You don't mean that"

"I do, now leave" Scott said, prepared for Elijah to turn on his heels and go home. Instead he stormed towards Scott, cupping his cheeks. Scott felt the warmth from his hands despite the cold of the rain.

"Scott, please don't say that" Elijah said, searching Scotts eyes for something-- anything.

Elijah leaned inwards, wanting to feel Scott's lips against. Wanting all the pain between them to go away.

"D-Don't touch me" Scott yelled, pushing Elijah away. He stumbled backwards but gained his balance. "I said I didn't love you so leave Elijah. I don't want to see you ever again. There's nothing more between us"

Scott was glad it was raining so Elijah couldn't see the tears falling down his cheeks. It pained him a great deal to say all those words when he loved him so much. Mikey was right he had to end things before it was too late. Scott ran inside before Elijah could utter another word or before he could break any further. The slamming of the door caught Gianna's and Maddie's attention. Scott ran up the stairs as he heard someone following behind him presumable Maddie. His bedroom door didn't slam shut as he saw Maddie made way in through his blurry eyes.

Maddie took Scott I her arms. Cradling him as he cried, "I lost him Maddie. I lost Elijah"  he said between sobs.

"Everything is going to be okay"

That night Scott cried himself to sleep.