Everything was his fault. Guilt was beyond what he felt when he talked to Carly the previous day. Scott had yet made another grave mistake. If he had faced his demon instead of running with his tail between his legs. Mrs. Hampton would still be alive along with countless other. Elijah would never had to see him again and would move on with his fruitless love. No matter how hard he shook the thought. The weight he felt on his shoulders knowing that he was the cause of those persons death was unbearable. 

Now he was risking Elijah's life because he loves him. Scott was starting to think that he shouldn't love again. All his love bought was pain. He was right Scott wasn't allowed to leave him. If he hadn't then none of this would've happened. No one would've been hurt-- no one would've died.

Love.

Scott loved Elijah. He feared if he gave him anymore of his cursed love he would break Elijah. Throughout all his heartache and frustration. His tears and battle with his demons. Scott's heart kept singing one song and that song was his love for Elijah. He was too much of a coward to protect that love. He was running away again.

He's ruined his relationship with Elijah and Maddie because of his own cowardice. Scott didn't know when the calls stopped. When his phone died and left in the corner. He didn't know the amount of times Elijah stopped by and he refused to see him. Scott didn't know when he stopped reading the letters he sent him. They were becoming more nerve racking each time he opened a new one. What Scott did know was that he didn't stop loving Elijah.

Scott wiped the tears from his eyes. The Hamptons house was now empty. They had moved from the wretched town like Scott had a few years ago. An image of the Hamptons living happily flashed through his mind. Guilt flooding in his heart. He forced himself away from the window. His room was cleared of most its mess. A box of tissue laying on his still unmade bed. Life just became too unlivable for him. Just when he started to live again.

His talk with Carly came back to mind when he saw the picture on his desk. His blonde hair tucked into a black cap and a devious smile on his lips. It was shocking Carly got such a clear shot of him and so much information. Scott had told her all about his accident and his reason behind coming home. As expected she connected all the dots quickly and pieced her puzzle together. She in turn told Scott about her countless stakeouts. How she talked with Mrs. Hamptons killer. How she went close enough to figure out why the recent rowdiness of the nameless gang. Only to be met with a new leader. Investigation on that leader bought her to Scott's front door, the source of it all. Turning the photograph on the back, Scott walked towards his bedroom door. He was going to get something to eat despite his lack of appetite. If he left his room only for d short time then it would ease his parents worries. As Scott closed the door behind him, his eyes met with Maddie has she exited her own room. She gave him a long stare but didn't say anything as she made way downstairs. Scott following suit. He headed into the direction of the kitchen as Maddie went to the living area. Scott was going to grab an apple when he remembered Elijah's apple pie. The very pie that could ease all his worries. He instead grabbed a banana and started towards the stair again.

"Are you feeling better" Gianna called out making Scott stop. "Maddie told me you were sick. With the recent weather I'm not surprised"

Scott looked towards his younger sister who was busy writing down something, "I'm feeling better" he lied, looking to the empty space by his mother. If she looked in his eyes she would know something was up. "Where's dad?" He asked despite his rush to get back to his room.

"He's out" Gianna relied, shaking her head lightly. "I told him not to go because it was bound to rain. But what do I know"

With nothing left to say due to Scott's lack of words these last few days. The light from a car flashed through the curtains making Scott think his father was back. Gianna lifted the curtains a bit to see out on the front yard, "it's just Elijah"