Chapter 12

Savanna

Gabby and I followed Andy into another part of the agency with her knight behind us as Eli walked ahead of us. It was an attachment to the building, the inside looked even more beautiful. I faced ahead and noticed a train with a sterling silver frame. “This will transport us safely to Laney's house.” Eli opened the latch door and helped us all inside. “There is only room for two so we'll meet you two there, Agent Carter should already be there and waiting with a new set of clothes.” Gabby kept her eyes down as I nodded, this entire situation was taking a toll on both of us. He closed the door and locked the latch as the engine revved, the train sped off. Andy, Eli’s and the knight’s faces becoming blurred and distorted.

I was tired but managed to keep myself up as Gabby fell asleep. I looked at our surroundings but the train moved too fast for me to make anything out. I looked at the floor and walls of the train, it seemed it was operated from inside the agency then manually piloted. I looked down at the phone Anaiya gave me as a gift, 10:15 the time read. No messages from her,  not even a single call. ‘Where did you go?’ I sighed and placed it inside my purse. I'm going to be here longer than I thought. I laid back and watched the colors outside the window change rapidly. I guess I dozed off because I was awoken by a light breeze on my face. I opened my eyes to see Agent Carter carrying me upstairs. I looked around to see that her house wasn’t as big and as luxurious as Anaiya’s. I then noticed a bunch of tech people working around the house. I guess she realized I woke up. “They’re installing a security system just like Anaiya’s. Don’t worry about it.”

She took me inside a room and set me down on the bed next to Gabby. I groaned and began to sit up, I couldn’t sleep now. “Relax, you're at my house. You're safe now.” Agent Carter comforted me. I was glad we were there, but I worried for Andy and Gabby's knight. I yawned, laid beside Gabby and let sleep overtake me. I needed it. After what seemed like an hour, I woke up to the sound of rattling. I sat up and rubbed my head, I looked up at the bedroom door but I then realised that it wasn'tn’t coming from outside the room but inside. I looked around and noticed the closet door rattling in place as if something was trying to open it. I looked over to Gabby who was still sleeping, so I got up and slowly walked over to the closet. I cautiously opened it to see Anaiya chained to a chair, struggling to get out. She was beaten and bloodied. I gasped and screamed for Agent Carter. We both helped her out of the closet and started tending to the wounds that covered her arms, legs and stomach. “Where have you been? Who did this to you?”

Johnny

We were working on the case we started on Anaiya with Eli, when we get a call to hurry to Agent Carter’s house. We jumped into Agent Reeves jeep and sped over to her house, as we walked in we saw Agent Carter pacing back and forth as the princesses made tea, muffins, and other food. I walked over to Gabby, she looked up at me with a tired and worried expression. I hugged her as the tears started rolling down her cheeks. Andy was talking to Gabby’s friend, Agent Carter and Agent Reeves were talking. I assumed she was explaining whatever happened and when she finished he rushed upstairs into room. I could hear the sound of his voice but no response, I made my way up the stairs and stood in the doorway to see Anaiya sitting up in the bed, almost lifeless but I could see her chest rise and fall, signaling that she was breathing. He was squeezing her hand but she didn’t respond to the contact or to his words, she just stared at the blankets covering her and that’s when I noticed the color of her eyes.

Her eyes were a solid brown with a hint of white, her pupils were missing. I pulled Agent Reeves away. “What are you doing?” He glared at me. “Wait.” He held a confused expression and looked back at her, suddenly the lights went out and it started storming. The lightning struck wildly, dimly lighting the room. We could make out her silhouette, she wasn’t moving but the sound of movements echoed through the room. I pulled him out and closed the door. “Something’s not right, that doesn’t seem like Agent Holman. What about you?” “I thought it was weird also but it looks just like her.” “Did you notice her eyes? They were solid brown, her pupils were missing.” We headed downstairs to see everyone huddled on the couch sipping tea and eating, while the Emoji Movie played on the television. We sat beside them and started eating too. After everyone ate and the movie went off, we all changed, cleaned up and went straight to bed without a word. Something wasn't right with Anaiya but no one said anything about what just happened. How did she get there?