Chapter 1: Primary Schools of Thought and their Flaws.

Among all the Socialist and Communist schools of thought, Marxism and Leninism are the most prominent in the world. However, so the reader can better see the reasons as to why Andréism was made, and why it challenges other primary schools of thought, we must look into those thoughts implemented in each Socialist and Communist system, the major flaws made by the creators of those thoughts and then compare it all to the modern era.

 To begin, we shall look at Marxism; originated by Karl Marx and Friedrich Engels through works such as "The Communist Manifesto", "The Origins of the Family, Private Property and the State" and even "Capital", Marxism is the idea that states that class antagonisms form in Capitalist societies, which leads to the Bourgeoisie, that is, the upper class, to rule over the Proletariat, or the lower class, by owning the means of production and by taking the wealth through appropriation of products made by the Proletariat. The prediction of Marx and Engels was that the Proletariat, having organized amongst each other, would revolt against the Bourgeoisie and then would become the new ruling class through a "Dictatorship of the Proletariat". After the establishment of this "Dictatorship", the new society would enter a stage of Socialism, which is between the end of Capitalism and the transition to Communism. In Marxist doctrine, Communism is the idea in which property, production and power are commonly possessed by all and everyone follows the principle "from each according to their ability, to each according to their need".

 Although this does sound plausible, what are the flaws? Firstly, Marx and Engels both did not go into explicit detail over how the Socialist and Communist societies would be structured, namely in its government and economy. This blatant vagueness has led to people like Stalin, Mao and Kim Il-sung to warp the idea to suit their own needs.

 Secondly, the concept of the "Dictatorship of the Proletariat" has a great risk: even though it does prevent the Bourgeoisie from commencing an uprising of their own, this "Dictatorship" could potentially either turn the Proletariat into the new Bourgeois class, or it could allow more power-hungry individuals, like the ones previously mentioned, to transfer all power to them, their party and even their families, which was what Romanian Communist Nicolae Ceausescu had done.

 The next thought that followed was Leninism, which was Lenin's own interpretations of Marxism, with his own theories included into said interpretations. According to Lenin, a revolutionary elite needed to form a Vanguard Party, which would provide political and class consciousness to the Proletariat, which would then result in a Proletarian Revolution that would bring down Capitalism and install a "Dictatorship of the Proletariat".

 The flaws? First, its practice was contradictory to its promises of a "Proletarian Dictatorship" or a "Socialist state". In defining Leninism, Britannica stated that:

"The authoritarian aspect of Leninism appeared also in its insistence upon the need for a 'proletarian dictatorship' following the seizure of power, a dictatorship that in practice was not exercised by the workers but by the leaders of the Communist Party". (pp.5, online edition, 2016)

 In other words, the Party would establish a parliamentary system in which the Party leaders would apply more Authoritarian methods, which would, consequently, suppress the population through One-Party rule.

 The second flaw was its application of Revolutionary Terror; in using fear, mainly through executions, Leninism doesn't bring about the promised society, but rather, it forms a repeat of the former repressive system, only more open about its actions. In a telegram to Kuraev, Bosh, Minkin and other Penza Communists, Lenin said:

"The uprising by the five kulak [rich peasant] volosts must be mercilessly suppressed. The interest of the entire revolution demands this, for we are now facing everywhere the 'final decisive battle' with the kulaks. We need to set an example.