“Luke?” my mom questioned and pushed my door opens slowly.

“Yeah?” my voice came out small but sure.

“I’m headed to work, I should be home by one or so.” She said. The party starts at 7 so surely I’ll be home by one in the morning. I mentally checked that off my list of worries.

“Okay I'm just gonna head over to Cal’s in a little bit.” I said and checked my hair in the mirror again.

“It looks fine, stop running your fingers through it. I love you baby. Be safe tonight.” she said and gave me a peck on the cheek before leaving my room. I must’ve been holding my breath because once my mom shut the door I exhaled.

I waited until about 7:15 to make sure my mom was completely gone to head over to the huge house down the street. Nathan’s house was the only house that had gates and a big enough driveway to disguise the fact there was a huge party happening. I kicked a rock along the pavement until I reached the beginning of the driveway. The music was already blaring and girls were laughing and screaming. As I was walking along I heard a familiar voice.

“Well, well Luke you didn’t chicken out.” Ashton said from where he was sitting on a cement wall. I turned around to him and walked his direction. Michael was sitting right next to him smoking a cigarette.

“I told you I’d be here didn’t I?” I said with a shrug. Ashton just laughed and hopped off the wall, Michael following him.

“Well Luke, welcome to your first high school party.” Ashton said with one hand on my shoulder and the other gesturing towards the crowd of drunken teenagers.

They were all holding plastic red cups and dancing to the pounding music, well those who weren’t jumping in the pool. I smiled at the recklessness but began to panic on the inside. Ashton handed me a cup and I made the mistake of smelling it. Ashton just giggled and encouraged me to drink up which I did. It tasted awful but the way it burned down my throat and in my stomach seemed to ignite me. It felt good to feel something like this. I took another gulp and followed Ashton through the crowd. In the kitchen I was handed a bottle this time and I discarded my cup on the counter. I took a good sized swig and let the poison course through my veins.

“Lukey, Lukey dance with me.” Ashton’s voice slurred making my own drunken self giggle. I lost track of how many drinks I’ve had but I felt great. Ashton looks adorable when he’s drunk. His eyes get glossy and his cheeks flush a cute pink. Not to mention when he dances, he makes everything harder for me. Damn he’s so hot right now. Jesus Luke, stop it.

“Ash!” Michael calls out through the blaring music. He has some random girl on his arm and he moved between me and Ashton.

“Mikeeeyyy!” Ashton slurs in a high pitched voice.

“Ashton we have a group downstairs that wanna play truth or dare so grab your little boy toy and come play with us.” Michael seemed less drunk than Ashton and I or maybe he’s just good with his alcohol. Even under my buzz I felt my cheeks heat because of Michael calling me Ashton’s ‘boy toy’.

Ashton grabbed my hand which nearly made me throw up from excitement. He tugged me through the crowd and down the stairs. There are some girls and a couple guys, along with Michael and the girl with him, sitting in a circle on the floor. When Ashton and I arrive at their circle everyone scoots around to make room for us but I was between two random people I didn’t know and before we sat down Ashton released my hand and I suddenly felt alone without his hand in mine.

“Okay I’m starting!” a blonde girl shouted from across the circle. She asked Michael truth or dare and he took the dare which resulted of him mooning the other side of the room. I watched as Ashton laughed at his friend. He covered his mouth with his large hand, his face turning red and only a few strangled noises escaping his mouth. He was gorgeous. Everyone everywhere should be jealous of Ashton Irwin.

“Okay Luke, truth or dare?” a dark haired girl next to me slurred. How did she even know my name? She didn’t look familiar.

“Truth I guess.” I answered shyly.

“Are you a virgin?” she asked and I nearly threw up. I should’ve done dare. What kind of question is that? Damn it Luke.

“Y-yes.” I stuttered and everyone burst into laughter except Ashton. He just glared at the others in the group and encouraged the others to continue. After everyone took a few more shots and I dared the guy on my right to take two shots, it was Ashton’s turn.

“Ashton, truth or dare?” the guy between us slurred.

“Dare.” Ashton said with his accent getting thicker with every drink he took.

“I dare you to kiss Lexi.” He said and I swear my heart stopped beating. But Ashton is gay isn’t he? He said it himself last night. Maybe he won’t do it.

 The girl to his right began giggling and Ashton took one more shot before leaning into her. Their lips met and I felt like my chest was crumbling. Ashton deepened the kiss and I couldn’t take anymore. I jumped up from the floor and sprinted towards the stairs. I pushed through the crowd and took off down the driveway. I heard shoes slapping against the pavement behind me so I began to run faster.

“Luke wait!” Ashton called but I just kept running. My head was spinning and I did my best to hold in tears. I sprinted until I made it to my front door and I burst through it. I slammed it behind me and rested my head against the wood. I felt tears stinging in my eyes. I will not cry over this.

I took a deep breath and turned to go up to my room but I saw my mom standing in the hallway. Her arms were crossed over her chest and she looked livid. Shit.

“Luke Robert Hemmings where the hell have you been?” she shouted at me, double shit I'm in serious trouble. I'm drunk, it’s well passed 1 am, and my mom just caught me sneaking in; I'm so dead. As if I wasn’t torn up enough about what just happened, my mom is about to give me the punishment of a lifetime.

“Mom, I can explain.” I tried to bargain but I knew there was no explaining.

“Luke Robert I trusted you! You told me you were going to Calum’s and I find you sneaking in drunk! Its 1 in the morning Luke! You could’ve been hurt! Or…” she shouted and I just began to feel angry.

“Or what mom? Ended up like dad?” I shouted and her hand hit my cheek. Now I felt the tears stinging and hers were already rolling down her cheeks. She looked hurt that she had hit me but I deserved it.

“Go to your room.” her voice was shaky and I took off up the stairs. I slammed the door behind me and sunk to the floor. Screw Ashton for dragging me out of the house tonight. I was so stupid to think he’d ever see anything in me.

I crawled into bed and refused to cry over Ashton but I could cry because of my dad. It shouldn’t be this way. None of this should be this way. I needed comfort now. I was on the verge of a collapse and I needed comfort. I picked up my phone off the bedside table and called Calum.

“Luke? Is everything okay?” Calum sounded worried and half asleep.

“No.” I sobbed into the phone. I couldn’t count the amount of times Calum has come to my rescue.

“Luke don’t do anything crazy, leave the window unlocked I'm on my way.” He said and I could tell he was crawling out of his own window. I just nodded and hung up the phone. I pushed open the window and continued to sob on my bed until Calum crawled through. He took one look at me and knew what was wrong.

“What did that asshole do Luke?” he asked with anger and I fell apart just then.

Maybe I had been strong too long and needed to break. Calum took me under his arm and he held me close as I sobbed. I tried to explain in short choppy sentences but Cal just shushed me. I cried until I ran out of tears and fell asleep with Calum singing to me softly. I loved him like a brother and he knew when I needed him. Why was everything so wrong with me?

>>>>

I love Cake as a brotherly thing lol :)

loveee youuu guys :)