Chapter 14

Song: "Changing" by The Airborne Toxic Event

Lexi's POV:

We pulled up in front of the lovely theatre lucky to win a parking space right in front of the venue. Kane and I left the vehicle to go collect our tickets before walking a few blocks over to get food before the show.

"I am so happy we decided to get here early and eat before! Can you believe the amazing parking space we got?" Kane enthused while he tucked his "The Lion King" ticket safely into his wallet.

"I know, it's brilliant! Have you been to this café before?"

"Yes, and it has the best soups you will ever eat."

When we arrived to the quaint café, the server placed us at a table near the window and put a very large menu in front of us.

"Woah, they have so much to choose from!"

"I know," Kane replied. "I try to get something different every time I come here."

Just then a tall woman approached the table with her notepad in hand. "Hey Lexus!" Kane greeted her.

"Nice to see you again, Kane."

"So I suspect you come here quite often then?" I inferred.

Kane only laughed while the waitress, Lexus, replied for him. "I get worried if I don't see him in here at least once a week," she smiled politely. "Anyway, can I start you all off with something to drink?"

We ordered our cups of piping hot tea then continued to contemplate the lunch menu. "What are you going to get?" I asked.

"Probably the humus and a cup of the soup of the day."

"That sounds good," I bit my lip pondering how much food I should get. My stomach was upset this morning; however, now, I felt like I could eat one of everything on the menu.

When Lexus returned with our tea, I decided to order a turkey sandwich, a bowl of chicken soup, a side of chips, and a biscuit.

"Someone must be hungry," Kane laughed when he saw the amount of food placed before me.

"Starving," I giggled.

"So I'm guessing you're feeling better?"

"What? Wait, how'd you know about that?"

"Liam texted me," he admitted. "Your husband was worried for you, Lex."

"Well, I told him I was fine… which I am, it was just the dinner we had last night," I smiled before taking a bite of my sandwich.

"Just a random question," Kane began with a look of curiosity. "How much did you eat last night?"