six ➳ imessage + real life

CHAPTER SIX
NICK + KATHERINE TEXTS
(FIFTEEN MINUTES AGO)
*:・゚*:・゚

kat🙀😸
where are you two?
can't find you anywhere,
we're all heading off to bed.

nick (the uglier one)
basement with brandon. we're
watching a movie and will probably
crash down here for the night. is
that okay?

kat🙀😸
yeah. just don't do
anything on any of my
couches down there. or
i'll cut your dick off

nick (the uglier one)
ouch, calm down. i'm
not gay and brandon ain't
my type anyways

kat🙀😸
that's what they all say

nick (the uglier one)
who's "they"??

kat🙀😸
the gay

nick (the uglier one)
brandon keeps staring at
me. what do i do?

kat🙀😸
idk figure it out yourself

nick (the uglier one)
it's just really weird and i'm
getting uncomfortable

kat🙀😸
make the first move

nick (the uglier one)
i just met him...

nick (the uglier one)
plus i'm not gay

kat🙀😸
not what you said earlier
but k

nick (the uglier one)
i was joking earlier

kat🙀😸
that isn't something to joke about
don't lead brandon on

nick (the uglier one)
how would i be leading him on? i
just met him

kat🙀😸
hurt my boi and i hurt you

nick (the uglier one)
okay now leave me alone ugly

kat🙀😸
night fuckface

nick (the uglier one)
goodnight asshat

CHAPTER SIX PT. II
REAL LIFE
(CURRENT TIME)
*:・゚*:・゚

"oh...." brandon began to stutter. a feeling of nervousness washed over him as soon as nick's gaze began to turn into a stare. "i didn't realize i was staring, i'm sorry."

"it's okay." nick answered. "i was just wondering why. that's all."

"it's really weird for me." brandon blurted. "i go from watching you in movies and admiring you, to you sitting next to me while watching your own movie. it's really...really odd."

nick responded with a shrug, saying, "not really, honestly. that's how it was when i met keiynan. now we're best friends. nothing weird about it." he smiled reassuringly. his eyes met brandon's, causing brandon's heart to beat faster.

it was then nick really realized the color of brandon's eyes. it was green with tiny hints of blue that seemed to change while the light of the tv illuminated his skin. he understood now why katherine insisted brandon was attractive.

"sooo...are you really gay?" brandon asked a few minutes, breaking the silence that had grown.

he looked away almost immediately. "no. i told katherine what she wanted to hear so she'd leave me alone."

"oh." in a split second, brandon's smile vanished. he tried to replace it but the difference was noticeable. "i won't tell anyone."

"how do i know that? we just met. plus, i'm not gay."

brandon looked nick up and down. this caused nick to shift uncomfortably, not liking the judgmental stare. "have you looked into the mirror? have you heard yourself talk? you're gay."

"what's wrong with the way i look and talk?"

"nothing." he sighed. "you just have a certain fashion sense that i don't think many straight men would feel okay wearing. and the way you talk, it's not your voice. it's more so how you describe things. i'm not saying this is in a negative way either."

nick nodded his head. "let's just focus on the movie." he mumbled, resting his head against brandon's shoulder. he didn't mean anything of it, he was just starting to get tired.

the two watched the movie, until simon's coming out scene to abby came on the screen. nick felt like had had actually come out when filming that scene. he related to the anxiety simon felt and how he felt so trapped. nick wished he was more like simon.

brandon noticed that nick was crying when he heard muffled sniffling. he looked at him in confusion. "why are you crying? you are in this scene!" he exclaimed.

nick sat up, beginning to rethink everything.
his heart began to beat faster, he wasn't sure if it was from brandon's caring stare, or from what he was about to say. he bit his lip hesitantly, terrified to say anything. he hadn't even admitted it to himself yet.
"i'm gay." he whispered.