Chapter 3

In Jafar's lab, Iago is running on a gear in a bizarre contraption. At the top of the contraption is a storm brewing.

"With all due respect, your rottenness, couldn't we just wait for a real storm?" Iago huffed.

"Save your breath, Iago. Faster!" He places the Sultan's ring in the contraption.

"Yes, o mighty evil one." Iago runs faster. A lightning bolt streaks through the ring, passing into an hourglass below as the sand begin to swirl.

"Ah, sands of time, reveal to me the one who can enter the cave." The sand in top forms the Cave of Wonders. It falls through into a storm, but it shows Aladdin on a camel, followed by (Y/n) who is covered in her cloak. "Yes, yes! There he is. My diamond in the rough!"

"That's him?!?! That's the clown we've been waitin' for?" Iago loses his footing and is sucked into the gears.

"Let's have the guards extend him an invitation to the palace, shall we?" Jafar grinned.

Iago went flying past and slams into the wall upside down.

"Swell."

Jafar began laughing like a maniac, and were back to Aladdin dismounting the camel, as he reached his hand to the pretty lady.

(Y/n) stared at Aladdin's hand to his eyes and gave a self-satisfied smile.

Aladdin raised an eyebrow and looked at the animal on his shoulder in confusion.

She held his hand that made his heart beat as if he held something like this before, and she hopped down to the ground with Aladdin's support. Aladdin was about to question the most obvious one when she began to speak.

"Thank you for the get-away ride" She said. Aladdin started climbing up the ladder as she follows.

"Don't mention it. We're almost there" He said. (Y/n) climbs over the top, but trips and falls into Aladdin's arms.

She stood up from embarrasment.

'I've never been this clumsy before' She thought

"So uh... How did you get in trouble back there?" He asked as he took a stick and vaulted to the other building, leaving (Y/n) behind.

He leans on a wood. "I-I mean-- it's just-- a girl like you--" She vaults over his head. He looks back in surprise and she tosses the pole to him. Both Aladdin's and Abu's eyes bulge.

"Ask a broke person to pay up" she chuckled in between and places a hand on her hip.

"Yeah" He coughs. "Right. C'mon this way" He motions his head to let her follow.

They go inside the roof of a building, dodging planks and beams as they go. Chatting from time to time about the security of the place.

"I know right? And this one time when it was because of a piece of bread, hundreds of guards came to arrest me. Of course, I don't wanna starve myself" (Y/n) flinched without Aladdin knowing.

"But seeing her is worth i-- woah, watch your head. Be careful." He grabbed her hand and walked up stairs.

"Come again?" She asked.

"Oh, she's the general. The masked general to be exact. She kept hunting me down but still kept failing" He laughed.

"Oh I'll get you someday" She muttered under her breath.

"What was that?"

"Ah-- uh-- What if she finally caught you, what would you do?" She looked at the floor being egotistical at just the thought of that.

He stopped at a curtain and turned his neck to look at her.

"She got me already, she has my heart." And he opened the curtain to see the view of the palace all the while blushing. (Y/n) has no words.

She has gone speechless.

Aladdin gave a clean spot for her to sit. "I know right? The place's not much. But the view is spectacular" He sighed.

When her attention went to the palace, it ruined her mood. She stomped to the seat and sat as she rest her head on her palm.

"Oh, yeah. Pretty" She said unenthusiastically.

"I wonder what she's doing there, and what it would be like to live there, to have servants and valets..."

"Oh, sure. People will do everything for you"

"It's better than here. Always scraping for food and ducking the guards."

"You're not free to do what you always want to do."

"Sometimes you feel so-

- trapped" They said in unison.

They both stared at each other for a few seconds. But Aladdin then realizes where he is, and breaks the look. He takes the apple out of Abu's hand and rolls it down his arm into her hands.

"So uh, what does your place look like?" He asked out of the blue.

"What does it matter. Although, I kinda missed my garden back there. My Chamomiles, my Ocotillos,... Those ones too that--"

Aladdin couldn't make out what she said. He was looking into her eyes, they lit up when she was talking about it.

"Can I just..." He blurted. Then he began slowly lift his hand. (Y/n) could tell he was going to cover half her face.

Would she expose her identity like that? How would she react knowing Aladdin is in love with her? The princess. She's not good at things like this. She knew she could just move her head around if she doesn't want to be known but she couldn't budge. She felt like he could hear her heart from that small distance.

That was until Aladdin was interrupted.