Tenth Grade

- Hanna POV -

He did it again, i think he's teasing me.

Me & Emily stopped by Aria's to go pick her up and i seen him, Mike.

He was playing video games, but when i walked into the living room he picked up his phone as if he was actually talking to someone.

"Hey, Mona, i miss you baby"

I totally ignored him, he knows we cant be together because Aria's my bestfriend. It would totally gross her out, and i dont want to be seen going out with my bestfriend's little brother - ew, gross.

But clearly, Mike isnt getting it and i know forsure he's just using ugly mona to make me jealous.

Me and Mike have alot of history..

It was during tenth grade, when our 'relationship' started. I just came out of the school gym afterschool crying. I ran into the school staircase, balling. And thats when Mike came up to me.

"Hanna, are you alright?"

"What do you want from me Mike, just leave me alone."

"No, Hanna. Whats the matter i'm not going to leave you here by yourself, so tell me what happened"

He sat down, across from me, his icey blue eyes stared at mine.

"I was in the gym trying out for cheerleading.. I had a whole routine. They liked it - but they wont put me on the team because im to fat."

he came closer and hugged me.

"I like you just the way you are, Hanna.. you're beautiful"

And thats when i kissed him.

He gave me his jacket and walked me all the way home.

Once we reached my house, he hugged me and kissed my forehead.

"good night, hanna banana" he said.

That was the first time anyone said my name that included food that i didnt feel offended.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next day, I walked to Emily's house to go to school.

I wanted to tell Emily about Mike, but i didnt want her telling Aria..

i didnt want anyone to find out.

I tried to forget about Mike, but i couldnt.

His sweater was in my backpack. I put it in there so i can have an excuse to talk to him at school.

When we arrived at school, Aria came running to me, "Oh my god Hanna"

I was so scared! Did that idiot tell his sister?

"Our english teacher is soo hott! Let's go check him out"

Aria, grabbed my arm, dragging me to Mr.Fitz's classroom.

But slutty Spence, was already sitting on the teachers desk with three of her top buttons undone.

"Oh, mr.fitz why does apple have two p's?"

Aria rolled her eyes, "Ugh, what a slut!"

I turn around to see the kids all walking to class and then there was Mike.

He was walking over here, "Hey Hanna"

Aria looked at me, "Uhh, you dork. why are you talking to my friends? get out of here"

Mike looked at me waiting for me to say something but i couldnt. I was already a loser, I couldnt make it any worse.

I just rolled my eyes, and turned away. "Hey spence, are you coming to the pizza place at lunch?"

I tried making conversation with her but spencer was being spencer, she was probably PMS-ing that day

"hmm.. I'm trying to maintain my figure Hanna. Unlike you, some people actually care about how they look" I was so embarassed. Was Mike still here?

I turned around to see if he was and he looked angry.

"If you actually cared about how you looked, you wouldnt be walking around dressed like that you slut!" Mike said

I smiled back at him and he smiled back at me,

and Mr. Fitz totally ruined the moment by saying "Detention! All of you"

I actually didnt care, detention didnt seem all that bad, mainly because Mike would be there.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- DURING LUNCH -

"What the hell is your brother's deal, Aria?" Spencer asked

"I dont even know, but what you said to Hanna was rude and unnessasry"

"Hanna was the one talking about food infront of Mr.Fitz. He's so hot. How could you be talking about food when there is Mr.Fitz right infront of you!"

They both looked at me, "um, i dont know"

We walked into the line at the pizza place where Ben and the other footballers were standing infront of us.

"hey there beautiful" Ben said to Emily

"hi" Emily said back, trying to look as happy as she can.

One of Bens friends, came up to Aria and started to make conversation

and then Toby, the freak, came behind us in line, staring at Spencer's ass.

"Why is he looking at me" whispered Spencer

"Cus' he's into you.. Duh!" I said a little too loudly that almost everyone in the line heard.

"Shut up! Hanna!" yelled spencer.

I just looked down trying to mind my buisness..

we were next in line, and i was the first person in the group to order.

"Hi, can i have three slices of peperoni pizza, with extra peperoni" i said

"Haha, would you like fries with that?" Ben said afterwards

And everyone laughed.

When we sat to eat, all the other girls had salad and All the guys just had milkshakes.

I felt so fat.

Mike & his other 9th grader friends on the Lacrose team came in and they all sat on the table beside us.

Mike kept looking over at me, and my heart raced.