“You’re three years too later mate, get on your bike”

“What? so you’ve gone all lez now?” He laughs and its making me feel even more sick. That laugh is unforgettable, I wish I could wipe that cocky smirk right off his face. “Two women raising a child?” Ha!”

“Listen here” Cheryl steps closer to him, her voice isn’t raised but it’s full of anger. “At least she has two parents in her life, at least she’s the centre of both our worlds because where have you been eh? You’ve done fuck all for her so I don’t think you have any right to comment on how she’s being raised”

“What the fucks going on?” Questions Sarah as she emerges from the living room.  The door slams, raised voices and loud knocking must have woken her up. I’m just hoping Paisley stays putt in the kitchen and doesn’t come out to see what all the noise is about. I watch Sarah’s face completely change as she see who it is standing in the door way. Her face scrunches up with anger, her eyes fill with fury and before any of us can react she’s charging forward to him and she grabs his grey t-shirt in both her fists shoving him backwards. She’s shouting abuse at him and I’m trying to pull her off him with the help of Cheryl but she’s gone, she’s left this world. His arms fly in the air to protect himself but it’s too late as her fist plunges forward and comes into contact with his cheek bone.

“Sarah he’s not worth it!” I plead but she keeps throwing punches. It takes the two of us to pull her off him and even when we do she’s still screaming and swearing at him and struggling to get free from our hold.

“Sarah!” Cheryl shouts and she manages to calm her down but not by much.

“You’re still hanging around with this psycho?” He speaks up clutching his face and I hold onto Sarah’s shirt as she steps forward once more pointing at him.

“You haven’t even seen psycho yet, what the fuck are you doing here?!”

“Mummy?” The small voice makes us all turn around, everyone goes silent. Paisley is stood looking at us in confusion, she looks terrified and I don’t blame her she has no idea what’s going on. I let go of Sarah to rush to her side crouching down to her while taking both her hands in mine.

“It’s okay Pai, are you okay?” I ask softly and she stands on her toes trying to see what’s happening over my shoulder. “Is that my daughter?” I hear Jason ask and Cheryl says something to him but I don’t hear what, I’m concentrating on Paisley, she shouldn’t have to witness confrontations like this. “Be a good girl and go with your Sarah”

“Why?” she asks.

“Because she’s going to take you upstairs to read a story aren’t you Sarah?” She looks at me in disgust and she runs both her hands through the front of her hair trying to calm herself down fully.

“I’m not leaving you with him”

“You’re not, I’m with Cheryl” I guide Paisley over to Sarah and put her hand in hers all the while trying to forget that man’s presence at the door. “Please just take her upstairs” Jason is stood looking at her, taking in every detail of her and he better, he better remember every little thing about  her because it’s the first time hes seen her and his last. I’m not letting him anywhere near her ever again, he isn’t safe to  be around.

“i-“

“Sarah please” She lifts her onto her hip and she kisses her cheek. Jason steps forward and reaches out his hand to touch her put Cheryl steps in his way.

“Don’t even think about it”

“I’m you’re daddy, I’m your dad!”

“Sarah will you take her upstairs?!”