| chapter nine |

' she was in love with the
kind of danger that made
butterflies fly in your stomach '

' she was in love with the kind of danger that made butterflies fly in your stomach '

"NOW, SO ARE YOU." The first thing Ellie heard as they entered the ship, was the evil bot, the one that she despised. "It's all under your dummy holdings? Finance is so weird. But I always say, 'Keep your friends rich and your enemies rich, and wait to find out which is which.'"

"Stark." Ulysses Klaue said as he stared at the robot in front of him with narrowed eyes.

"What?" Says Ultron as his eyes flare at the mention of his 'creator'.

"Tony Stark used to that to me." A lightbulb lit in his head as his eyes widened. "You're one of this." Ultron grew furious at this comment.

"What?! I'm not!" He grabs Klaue by the shirt, pulling him close to his metallic face. "I'm not. You think I'm one of Stark's puppets, his hollow men? I mean look at me, do I look like Iron Man? Stark is nothing!" Because of his fury, Ultron didn't notice his action until he actually did it. His hand grew hot, and the robot suddenly chops off Klaue's arm. He winces, apologising. "I'm sorry. I am sor- oh, I'm sure that's going to be okay. I'm sorry, it's just I don't understand. Don't compare me with Stark!" He then kicks Klaue down the stairs, his friend following. Ultron did not feel any regret for his actions. "It's a thing with me. Stark is, he's a sickness!"

"Ahh, Junior." The voice of Tony Stark made him spin on his heels as he stared at the human he despised the most. Thor and Steve walked up behind him. "You're gonna break your old man's heart."

"If I have too." Ellie silently chuckled at Ultron's reaction. If there was one thing they shared in common, it was the fact that they both hated Tony Stark with a passion.

"We don't have to break anything," Thor said, raising his empty hand in a sign of stopping.

"Clearly you've never made an omelette." Ultron retorted, rolling his eyes.

"He beat me by one second." Ellie rolled her eyes at the fact that Tony always had to have the last word.

"Ah, this is funny, Mr Stark." The blonde's eyes widened in shock as the familiar voice of her best friend flowed through her ear. "It's what, comfortable? Like old times?" Ellie smirked, give it to Pietro to make people feel uncomfortable. To be honest, Ellie wouldn't care if Tony was killed. She did, however, care if Thor or Steve got hurt. They were the only ones that accepted her and wasn't afraid of her.

"This was never my life." The twins and their best friend scoffed at his words.

"You two can still walk away from this," Steve said, and Ellie sighed at his gullibleness. Not everyone was good, and the blonde knew that the only reason the twins were on Ultron's side was that he wanted to destroy Tony. However, they didn't know his full plan.

"Oh, we will." Ellie felt herself sigh in content as she heard the voice of her lover. Finally, she thought.

"I know you've suffered." Steve started but was cut off by the bot which didn't sit very happily with Ellie.