| chapter three |

' it's so strange that autumn
is so beautiful;
yet everything is dying '

' it's so strange that autumnis so beautiful;yet everything is dying '

ALARMS RANG THROUGHOUT THE HYDRA BASE, red lights blaring throughout the entire area. A voice echoed throughout the entire base, informing everyone to get to their stations as the attack was, in fact, not a drill. A blonde female jerked up, falling off her bed as her eyes widened.

"quae est infernum." She mumbled before quickly throwing on a pair of leggings and a red crop top. Ellie ran out of her bedroom and to the Hydra research base, knowing that her father would be there.

"Wanda! Pietro!" She called as she saw the twins in front of her, holding hands as they stared at each other, a look of determination. The twins looked back at the blonde, her voice bringing them a sense of comfort as they knew no harm would come to them. "Are you okay?" Ellie brought her hand to Wanda's cheek, caressing it as her eyes softened. The red witch nodded before nodding her head over to Ellie's father, who muttered something to Doctor List.

"Everything we've accomplished. But we're on the verge of our greatest breakthrough." Strucker muttered to Doctor List, who replied.

"Then let's show them what we've accomplished. Send out the twins." Strucker shook his head, glancing up at the twins, who stood side by side.

"It's too soon." He replied, thoughts racing through his mind like a formula one car.

"It's what they signed up for." Doctor List countered, brows raising. However, Strucker shook his head once again, afraid to lose the twins.

"Then send me out." Turning back to his daughter, Strucker shook his head as quick as lightning, not even taking a second thought. "But father-"

"I said no!" He snapped, cutting her off. "You will not go, and that is final." Ellie huffed and head over to the twins, both sending her a sympathetic smile.

"Where are you going?" Pietro asked as he watched his best friend walk away. Ellie continued her walk down the corridor, not taking a single look back.

"I'm going to defend our home." With that, Ellie took out into a sprint, eyes glowing gold as she used her powers to run faster than any being in the universe. Hearing footsteps behind her, Ellie looked back, only to see her best friend running behind her.

"I will help you." The female grinned before running ahead, leaving the eldest twin in the dust, well, in this case, snow. Running up to a pair of blonde-haired males, Ellie threw her hands in the air, a black and green force field shoving its way past the two Avengers.

"We have a second enhanced. Do not engage." The blonde smiled, grinning when all of a sudden, an arrow lodged itself into her shoulder, the tip ripping its way past the flesh.

"What the -" Ellie cut herself off to another blonde haired male with his body leant against a tall tree. "ублюдок."

And just like that, Ellie fell to the ground, eyes shutting close as the substance on the arrow wormed its way around her body. The last thing she remembered was a pair of muscular arms pick her up and carrying her somewhere before placing her on a cool metallic structure.