chapter thirty-four

Vote if you enjoy!

A week later Madame Pomphrey sends Draco back to the dormitory, saying she had more emergency patients to tend to and Draco has healed enough to at least return to the common room, if not class. Draco did not agree with her, arguing that he could not possibly have recovered after only a week, but she insisted. He then walked the whole way back to the Slytherin common room without assistance. 

We sit in our usual place, Pansy helping Daphne frantically finish an essay for charms on the loveseat adjacent to the fire, while Millie and Theodore sit in the tow armchairs opposite, talking quietly. Lies on the large sofa behind me, and I sit on the floor leaning against it, his hands running gently through my hair as he reads. Blaise sits at the opposite end of the sofa to Draco, with a look of distaste on his face. It's so quiet I can hear the crackling of the fire. 

"You're all disgusting," Blaise mutters, and I hear him shifting his weight. Pansy sticks her tongue out at him, and I smile. 

"You're just jealous," I say, turning to face him. He scoffs, glancing at Draco, 

"Not for long," 

"What, are you two getting together?" I laugh, and he rolls his eyes,

"No, we've already established that this is a three-way relationship, Clara, sweetie, what I mean to say is I am no longer jealous of you." Blaise chuckles, returning his focus to the magazine he is holding. Draco kicks him playfully, winces at the sudden movement, and Blaise smiles innocently. I turn to Draco, 

"What's he on about?" 

"Er-"

I hit him with my book, and he sighs, "My mother wants to meet you." 

I freeze, and my book slips out of my hands. "What?!"

"My mother, Narcissa Malfoy-"

"I know who your mother is, you fuckwit, I thought we were keeping this-" I motion between him and me,  "-a secret!"

"She found one of my letters to you-" Pansy smirks, raising an eyebrow, "Pansy Parkinson, will you for once in your life get your head out of the gutter? Anyway, she wants to meet you. She said so in the letter I received last night." 

"Can I decline?" I wince, and Blaise snorts, 

"Good luck with that. He's a Malfoy. You've had sex. You're practically married." 

"No, not really." Draco winces. I pause for a moment, thinking, and then I freeze. I turn to face him, sitting up on my knees, 

"Does she know we've slept together?!" I screech, still attempting to keep my voice quiet. Draco suddenly seems to find the sofa's fabric fascinating, "Was it one of those letters?!"

"Those letters? I'm sorry, but I've got to hear more about-" Pansy says, but I cut her off,

"Pansy, for once in your life, put a sock in it!" I snap, and Pansy pulls a face. 

Draco sighs, putting his book down and turning his full attention to me, "Yes, she does. Part of me thinks she's concerned about grandchildren, but for the most part, I think she just wants to meet you." 

I sigh, rolling my eyes, "Ok then, sure. To be honest, I'd quite like to meet her too." 

xxx

The sun starts to disappear into the clouds as evening settles in the air. I pull a jacket on, heading out towards the common room. When I enter, I see Draco. He sits in an armchair, fingers knotted together on his lap, a large black overcoat hanging on the side of the chair. He looks up at me, standing and grabbing his coat, pulling it on over his uniform. His tie is undone, and the top button of his shirt is too. I frown, he rarely dresses like that- Normally his uniform is neat and he takes pride in being the best dressed Slytherin, aside from Blaise.