"Same to you, Amelia." I said before hanging up.

"Who was that?"

I jumped at the sudden voice. I turned and there stood Joyce, her hands placed firmly on her hips.

"That's none of your business." I say and start walking back towards the beach.

"Whatever concerns my son is my business."

"Well your son didn't concern you for 25 years, so why does he all of a sudden concern you now?"

"You watch your mouth with me-"

"No, you watch your mouth with me, Joyce. I didn't have to bring Christopher here, and I didn't have to let him know he had family. I could take royalty and him right now and they wouldn't even think twice about you again."

She scoffed. "You can't take my son away from me."

"Oh so now he's your son, bitch, please. You signed says your rights as his mother the day you dropped him off at that hospital and never came back. Now you listen and you listen real good, if I ever catch you talking slick about me or my unborn baby again, Chris, Royalty, and I are all gone so you better start acting accordingly."

I shook my head and adjusted my sunglasses as I made my way back over to Christopher and Royalty.

Crazy bitch.

Instead of making drawings in the sand they were now working on a sandcastle together. I couldn't exactly hear what she was saying but whatever it was it made Chris laugh.

"Can I join?" I ask once I had gotten to them.

Christopher shifted giving me room to sit in the sand with them.

"You have to build the gate mommy, to keep the meanies out." Royalty instructed as she handed me a little toy shovel and pale.

"Will do."

Omniscient

Later that night

Christopher linked his hand in Kyrie's as the two watched the fireworks together

Christopher linked his hand in Kyrie's as the two watched the fireworks together. All the kids had fallen asleep about an hour earlier, only leaving the adults on the beach.

"That one's pretty." Kyrie pointed towards a firework that had just come up in the sky. Christopher nodded, laying his head on her shoulder. They stayed like this for a few minutes before Mijo and Lytrell started to wave him over.