4

Kyrie

"I'll just have the chicken club, hold the mayo please," I said handing the menu back to the waiter

"I never understood why you eat these basic ass meals." Emily commented shaking her head letting her loose curls bounce on her shoulders. She always hated that I never ordered the expensive things on the menu she claimed that I should 'enjoy the finer things in life'. In my opinion, a burger is one of the finer things in life.

We were currently at Maialino's, one of the many upscale restaurants in the heart of Manhattan. We usually went out to places like these every Saturday or whenever we had time.

"Why waste money on a microscopic meal when I can get something that'll fill me for cheap?" I shrugged taking a sip of my sprite.

"Oh speaking of money, there's something I wanted to talk to you about," she sat up "What's this I hear about you working at a crazy house?"

I laughed. "It's not a 'crazy house' Em's. It's a mental institution." I corrected. I hated when people mixed up the 2.

"Same difference, either way, there are still crazy people in both." She shrugged "But my real question is, why are you doing this? Is this a charity stunt or something?"

I furrowed my brows. Charity stunt? Where'd she get that from? "No this isn't a charity stunt." I rolled my eyes "I'm doing this because I want to."

She checked on her iced tea. "Y-you want to?" She snorted before bursting out into a fit of laughter. What was so funny? "Kyrie please don't make me cry I'm not wearing waterproof mascara." She dabbed the corners of her eyes with a napkin

"I'm serious! Here, look." I pulled out the file Mr. Daniels gave me yesterday from my bag and pulled out a picture "This is Royalty Brown, the girl I'll be taking care of as of tomorrow." I smiled. She was a cutie.

"Wait- pause, rewind, did you say tomorrow? As in tomorrow?" She asked in disbelief

"Mhm. I already picked out some really cute scrubs from scrubs and beyond, one pair had kittens and I-"

"Kyrie wait, slow down, don't you think you're rushing into this?"

"No," I answered bluntly shaking my head

"I mean you just now thought of this idea and you're already out here applying for jobs-"

"Correction, I applied and got the job." I said smartly smirking a bit. Hell yeah, I was proud of myself.

"Whatever! What I'm trying to say is, I don't think you should do this."

"Did you brother put you up to this?"