Niall placed two dollars down for Louis to take with him. He smiled, "proud of you mate. I better get going, I'll see you around." Louis waved a goodbye to Niall and took his cup towards the back to be washed later. Zayn came back out, apron tied behind his back. Zayn is in charge of the baking if he were to come in to work. If not, Louis is.

"I better get started on those cake orders, Jane won't be too happy if I don't get them done on time. Give me a shout when it starts to get busy," Zayn says. Louis nodded his head and watched as Zayn go towards the back reading the information sheet.

The front door opened signally that someone has entered. Louis looked up and gasped as he saw his teacher walk in. Louis took a breath and smiled, "hello, how may I help you?"

"Louis is it?" Harry asked smiling. The shorter lad nodded his head, blush settling on his cheeks.
"What's good here? I've never been."

Louis pulled out the menu from the counter and scanned through it. "I normally get Yorkshire tea, I mean, if you are a tea type of guy." Harry hummed, "I guess that's not bad. I'll take a tea please, just milk, no sugar."

Louis went ahead and started on his teachers order. It felt weird having to serve him knowing that he will be seeing him tomorrow. After he was done, he slid the mug towards Harry.

"How much is it?" He asked. Louis rang the lad up and cleared his throat, "a dollar fifty." Harry paid for his drink and took it towards the booth in the back. Louis exhaled and began to clean up the area around him. Zayn had his music playing in the back, so he didn't bother messing around with the lad because he knew how Jane would feel if those cakes weren't done.

Louis would occasionally glance at Harry who was in the booth reading a book. Often, Harry would sense someone was looking at him and look up to catch Louis' eye. Louis would quickly look away with a blush settling on his cheeks embarrassed that he got caught staring.

Zayn came out with flour on his apron and sweat glistening on his forehead to get ahold of more icing pipes that were located in the front for some strange reason.
"How the cakes going?" Louis asked leaning against the counter.

Zayn huffed, "horrible. I don't understand why the decoration has to be so difficult." Louis chuckled. He tossed a rag towards Zayn for him to use to wipe the sweat off his face. He tossed the rag back at Louis who was too slow to catch it hitting his face. He gagged as he tasted the bitterness and the material. Zayn laughed running his hands through his hair.

Louis often hated working with Zayn. The lad always was up to no good trying to tease and mess around with Louis. It also made Louis feel cared for because Zayn is all he has right now and he gets treated as if they were brothers. Perhaps it wasn't such a bad thing they worked together after all. Zayn is twenty one and Louis is only sixteen, so it was a bit strange that Zayn is willing to spend some time even after work with Louis. It just made the lad feel mature.

"Alright, I better get back to it. I think the  lad in the back with the book needs a refil," Zayn says patting Louis' back before disappearing to the back. The younger of the two began to prepare the tea that Harry had ordered. It took a few minutes and he slowly made his way towards Harry who was entranced to the book he was reading.

Of course being clumsy, Louis tripped over his own foot spilling hot tea over his hands and dropping the mug on the ground watching it shatter. People looked up to see the source of the loud noise. Louis hissed in pain but began to pick up the shards of glass right away ignoring the stinging in his hands. Harry bent down to help Louis. He frowned as he noticed the lads reddened hands and blood on the fingers due to the cuts.

"I think you should go take care of your hands," Harry says. Louis shook his head, "I have to clean this up first." He ignored Harry's stare as he picked up more pieces of the glass holding in the tears that were threatening to fall.
"Louis," Harry says again, this time grabbing on to Louis' wrists.

The shorter lad stopped and looked at Harry's hand that was grabbing on to him.
Harry cleared his throat, "go take care of your hand, I can clean this up for you."
Louis slowly nodded his head. He put down the glass and looked up at Harry.
"Okay," he said softly. "Thank you."

Harry watched as Louis got up from the floor and walk towards the back of the room. Harry quickly began to pick up the broken glass throwing it away. He made sure no shards were left over before he slid back in to his booth looking at where Louis had disappeared to.

He didn't understand why Louis would continue to hurt himself further knowing that it will be forgiven if he went to tend his wounds. He knew Louis was in the verge of tears, he saw how his eyes watered and rim red from the bottom.

Five minutes later Louis came out with bandages wrapped around both hands. He had his head down while he began to make the tea again. Harry frowned, but grabbed his book and walked towards the front and sat down so Louis wouldn't have to walk all the way to the back and fear another accident.

"How are your hands?" Harry asked. Louis looked back at Harry and smiled, "it's nothing, I'm okay." Harry left it at that. Louis slid the mug towards Harry with shaky fingers. Harry held on to it, a thankful smile on his lips.

It stayed like that until it was time to close. Everything was cleaned in the back, Zayn had left, leaving Louis to lock up behind him. Harry was still on the stool reading the book he had brought in. After everything was cleaned, he grabbed his paycheck and tugged his Hoodie on.

He walked towards the front and opened up his envelope revealing the amount earned. He frowned noticing it wasn't the amount expected. He sighed, looking down at the piece of paper. He pocketed the paper and looked over at where harry was seated and frowned when noticing that the lad had already left. He sighed and walked towards Harry's spot and pushed his chair in. What he found on the table was what surprised him. It was a twenty dollar bill placed underneath the mug. Louis looked around to see if perhaps Harry would come back to claim it, but he never did.

He pocketed the money and made a mental note to give it back to his teacher tomorrow during class. For some reason, that made his stomach churn.
——-
Another chapter completed !!! I'm very excited to write this!!! I also have a one shot book published. So far only two are published but I am taking requests !!!

Leave your thoughts and votes!!!

I'll update once I see a good amount of votes and comments !

Thank you!