Chapter 1

Harry unlocked the door to his classroom. It was two hours before the first day of school started and Harry had yet to prepare for today's plan. He had the entire year planned, but the first day was always the hardest. It was full of teenagers who hated showing up. Never liked the idea of their summer ending and having to return to a building full of hard work and depression. At least that's how Harry puts it.

First thing the lad did was write his name neatly on the white board. He's been a teacher at West peak high for five years now. Him being twenty nine and having his life set made him a little proud. He's always wanted to be an English teacher. He had always loved teaching kids about Shakespeare and loved teaching poetry in general. His life is going in to the right direction and that made him happy.

After having his handouts organized, Harry read over his roster a few times to at least get a feel of their names rolling off his tounge. He always hated mis pronouncing students names, he always tries to avoide that. After a few more minutes, Harry logged in to his loaned laptop and pulled up the presentation about himself and the set of rules he has for the class.

He made sure his classroom was neat. All the books were in alphabetical order based off from authors last names, posters were hung up in appropriate manner. He liked working in a clean classroom, a messy room irritates him.

Harry sat down in the chair and pulled up his email to email a few teachers about the upcoming meetings and upcoming test days and who will be typing up the test this unit and whatnot. Maybe it was too soon to have a test, but it was always better to have it ready for when the time comes. After a few minutes of typing and reading over his lessons, Principal Floyd walked in with a bright wrinkled smile.

"Mr. Styles, nice to see you ready for our first day," he said. "Not many teachers are happy to be here, but I see you are excited." Harry turned his chair and chuckled, "why yes, I am very happy to be back. I can't wait to meet my students."

Floyd smiled, "that is what I like to hear. I came by to give you another students name. His mum had forgotten to register him this year, so he's a bit behind in the process. His name is Louis Tomlinson."

Harry wrote down the kids name on his roster sheet and nodded his head, "is he new to this town?"
"He's been here since freshman year," Floyd said. "His family is well, a bit complicated. I hope you have enough seats for your students."

"Oh no," Harry says nodding. "I always request an extra two seats in moments like these. Thank you for notifying me, you have a great day."

Principal Floyd nodded his head before leaving Harry's classroom. It wasn't long until students began to enter the school halls. Harry heard lockers open and slam shut. He heard a few teenagers talk about the big party last night and how their hangover hasn't gone away and is getting worse by the minute. It made Harry think back to when he would party and drink like there's no tomorrow.

All that is behind him now. Life was starting to get real and before he knew it, he didn't know what he wanted to do with his life. Yes, partying and having sex was so fun, but how will that help him in the future? It didn't. He got himself dedicated to school work, went to college and got his teaching degree and here he is. He's happy, more than he ever was when he was in high school.

Harry turned on the projector and watched as it warmed up and showed the presentation. With a smile, he watched as students walk in his classroom, sitting in the back as he sort of expected them to. A couple teenage girls giggled to each other while they gawk at Harry. He's used to the stares, used to teenage girls checking him out. He didn't swing that way, so it never really bothered him.

Students kept walking in, frowns on their faces. Harry smiled to himself as a few waved at him and took out their notebooks ready to start their day. He always liked those types of students. Students who were ready to learn despite it being the first day out of ten months.