Chapter 2

We all feel lost at some point. For Louis, it was simply when he began to work many hours at two different jobs. He wasn't 'Louis Tomlinson, free man, happy life' he was more like.. 'Louis Tomlinson, trapped man, sad life'. No, it wasn't his fault that he has to work two jobs and go to school. He does things for a reason, a reason being why Louis can't seem to just think about.

He had lost count to every six hour shifts he gets without taking a break. He's too busy baking cakes, or dealing with an unsatisfied costumer to even bother thinking about the throbbing of his feet. He was told that he wasn't going to live to see him be an adult. Many said that he's wasting his teenage life away just so he can earn cash. Like said before, he does this for a reason.

He had the third pack of cupcakes created when Niall came bustling in the small bakery with red cheeks and pale skin.
"Louis!" Niall chirped as he took his seat. He always sat at the stool that was right infront of the door. Louis never understood why considering the cold air would always rush inside. It didn't matter anyways since that spot also kept Louis company when it wasn't busy like today.

"Hey Niall, the usual?" Louis asked closing the cover over one of the packs. Niall tugged his mittens off and sighed, "yes please." Louis began to prepare the lads drink. Hot chocolate with a pinch of cinnamon and always three mini marshmallows.

After Niall's drink was well prepared, Louis handed it over to Niall who smiled at him. "You sure as hell know how to make a man proud."
Louis snorted as he watch Niall pour his half of his usual drink, vodka. Louis never questioned it, never understood why Niall felt the need to distroy such a tasty beverage with his cups full of an alcoholic drink.

"Heard you went back to school today," Niall says taking a sip of his drink. Louis groaned as he remembered earlier events replay in his head. The morning he had woken up late and the morning where he walked in to Mr. Styles class room all messy and tired. It was embarrassing and not to mention the fact that Louis hated himself for thinking that such man was beauty walking on earth.

"Taking it as it wasn't a good first day," Niall says chuckling. Louis sighed, "the worst I tell you."
Niall teased, "it can't be that bad."
Louis placed the rag underneath the counter where the bucket was placed and rolled his eyes, "I came in late to my English class all messy and drool stains on my face. I'm pretty certain I wasn't wearing matching shoes."

Niall began to laugh out loud, "What did your teacher say?"
"He just told me to not be late," Louis says shrugging.
Niall hummed, "guess he took it easy on you."

Louis nodded his head, "I guess he did. Anyways, how was work today?"
The blonde lad took multiple sips of his drink before groaning afterwards.
"Hell. My boss was being so strict about the dress code. I wanted to bash my head against the wall. Why do you have to wear a certain color jeans? No one is there to see your jeans!"

Louis laughed. He did have a point. Working at a bakery, Louis is only required to wear the shirt and apron. He can wear whatever shoes, and pants, he wanted to. They didn't care unless it wasn't something too distracting. Louis always wore colored jeans, often even joggers if he's not working at the restaurant afterwards which is rare.

They continued to talk for another half an hour before Zayn came bustling inside with envelopes in his hands. Louis smiled knowing what day it was. He winked at Zayn before turning his attention back to Niall who was getting ready to leave.
"I see today is your payday," Niall says motioning to Zayn who had put Louis' check in his assigned cubby.

Louis smiled wide, he loved pay day. Always reminded him at the end of every two weeks of how worth it it was to work. Yes, working is more than just a paycheck in the end, but who doesn't like seeing a couple hundreds on a piece of paper of the work they've done?
"Can't wait to cash it in. I think this might be a bigger pay considering how I've worked more hours."