Part 2.

There was no way. Not a one in ten chances that Caleb thought the stranger would follow him. There he was right on his heel as he made his way back to his apartment. Asides from his nightly adventures of late-night snacks and a doll just happen to find interest in his five footed adorableness. His night was rather normal to say. 'Normal' was the only thing keeping his sanity. Then there was Simone- oh lovely Simone who called him to the rescue then ran him out the minute he also concluded that he was the well renowned stolen- is he even stolen at this point- doll of Johnson's Limited that was worth millions. Caleb had found millions just lying on the streets. Literally.

He would glance over his shoulders now and then to see the walking mystery behind him. It was just like those horror movies he watched. Buy a cute doll, bring it home, and the next thing they knew the ghosts were throwing a deadly party. Except Caleb did not buy this one. He admittedly thought he had astonishing beauty and that was it. The real question was why he was following Caleb of all people. Common sense told him to run as quickly as he could back home and lock all doors. But as all good horror movies go he didn't listen to his inner self.

It was fortunate that Simone bore witness to what had transpired. If he showed up dead on the news the next day there would be one person who knew the truth. Whether the world decides to believe or not well...

"Do I look that kill-able? I mean I knew I would look smoking in red though I think yellow fits me best 'cause I'm a bundle of sunshine. Besides all these amazing facts I'm not ready to part with the good and evil world just yet." Caleb chuckled awkwardly as he gave a glance. It was, as they say, a joke is the best medicine even if it's about your foreseen demise.

The brick layered building came in view. There was a sigh of relief that left his lips though there was nothing to be relieved about. He jogged his way up to the second floor of the building. It was then the lost boy-doll made his stop. He looked to the stairs and then at Caleb. This was his chance to make a clean-cut, yet he was indecisive. Should he leave him alone or possibly get killed or bring him back to Darwin Johnson and get a hefty sum for being a hero?

Caleb sighed and took a coin from his pocket. "Heads I leave him there and tails I take him in and try to figure this all out if I don't die." A coin was deciding his fate. He threw into the night and watched it fall. The wind giving it a push that made him almost miss the catch.

He did the routine. Caught it then placed it on the back of his hand. There it was clear as day. Tails. Stuffing the coin back in his pocket, Caleb headed down the stairs. "I can't believe I'm doing this." Here he was staring into crystal blue eyes once again.

"Come on," he took two steps this time. The doll looked at the stairs. "That's right you're a doll. And now like a newborn baby. Steps are like rocket science for you. You do it like this," he placed one foot upon the stairs then the other. "One foot then the next."

The doll followed instructions well as he attempted the action himself. Whether he comprehends words but could not speak them was something Caleb had to figure out. They climbed the stairs and was soon before the red door of his apartment. There was something about him looking around the apartment with what Caleb would assume were amusement and a huge ball of interest that made him smile.

His writer senses would tell him that he could be a beautiful stranger from a different world, lost when he met a dashing young author who guided him through his world with a splash of romance. There's always the need for a bit of flavor. He was going to get this in the works.

"Have a seat," Caleb pulled him to the couch. He was standing awkwardly at the door as Caleb would at his first visit to a friend's house. Caleb proceeded to take off his sweater and place it on the armrest. "There are a few things- actually there's a lot of things I need to figure out right now."